Brewer Fanatic

Olt designated for assignment

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

We aren't winning anything in 2015 or 2016 - now's the time to take some risks. It's not like we're displacing someone else. We have 40 man roster spots open, so just add him and evaluate him over the next month. If you don't like him at that time, let him go. No big loss. If you find something intriguing, bring him to camp next year and let him win the job. You can always cut the guy at any time.

The alternative is trotting out Perez, Herrera and Dominguez. That's a pretty awful situation. I know some people believe one of those guys (or Segura or Rivera if you move them there) are potential answers at 3B, but I think that's wishful thinking on a massive scale.

I am not saying Olt is going to succeed (I'd say odds are against him), but if the team has done their job they should know if they would want to give him a try or not. He showed some serious power at one point. None of the alternatives offers anything special like that - even if Olt offers more of a chance to be a bust.

We aren't winning anything in 2015 or 2016 - now's the time to take some risks. It's not like we're displacing someone else. We have 40 man roster spots open, so just add him and evaluate him over the next month. If you don't like him at that time, let him go. No big loss. If you find something intriguing, bring him to camp next year and let him win the job. You can always cut the guy at any time.

The alternative is trotting out Perez, Herrera and Dominguez. That's a pretty awful situation. I know some people believe one of those guys (or Segura or Rivera if you move them there) are potential answers at 3B, but I think that's wishful thinking on a massive scale.

I am not saying Olt is going to succeed (I'd say odds are against him), but if the team has done their job they should know if they would want to give him a try or not. He showed some serious power at one point. None of the alternatives offers anything special like that - even if Olt offers more of a chance to be a bust.

Very well said and exactly where I am at.

Very well said and exactly where I am at.

+1. The brewers are not going to compete in 2016. They have a great opportunity to throw as much junk against the wall as they can and see what sticks. Olt, Dominguez, Perez, whatever.

Archived