Brewer Fanatic

2015-08-28 Reds (Iglesias) at Brewers (Jungmann), 7:10 PM [Brewers win, 5-0]

1992casey

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/reds.png[/logo][game-info][h1]August 28 | 7:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Reds (52-74)

Brewers (53-74)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/brewers.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]reds-2015_iglesias-raisel.jpgbrewers-2015_jungmann-taylor6.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]Raisel Iglesias[/pitcher][h2]3-5, 3.93 ERA, 1.15 WHIP[/h2][h3]Game Log[/h3][h3]Very much in a groove the past month, Iglesias has allowed one earned run over his past 19 innings, and his 13 strikeouts vs. the D’Backs on Sunday were the most by a Reds rookie since Gary Nolan fanned 15 in 1967 against the Giants.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]Taylor Jungmann[/pitcher][h2]7-5, 2.66 ERA, 1.18 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Reds | Game Log[/h3][h3]Jungmann couldn’t make an in-game correction against the Nationals, leading to a four inning, five run outing that snapped his streak of ten straight starts of two or fewer earned runs.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. 2B Brandon Phillips ®
  2. C Brayan Peña (S)
  3. 1B Joey Votto (L)
  4. 3B Todd Frazier ®
  5. SS Eugenio Suarez ®
  6. RF Jay Bruce (L)
  7. LF Iván DeJesús Jr. ®
  8. CF Ryan LaMarre ®
  9. RHP Raisel Iglesias ®

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. 2B Scooter Gennett (L)
  2. C Jonathan Lucroy ®
  3. RF Ryan Braun ®
  4. 1B Adam Lind (L)
  5. LF Khris Davis ®
  6. CF Domingo Santana ®
  7. 3B Elián Herrera (S)
  8. SS Jean Segura ®
  9. RHP Taylor Jungmann ®

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I apologize in advance for the lack of offense and the loss today. The Brewers are a sweet 1-6 in games I attend and outside of the one win I think they have scored about 5 runs.

That rivals me. The Brewers are 5 and 22 the last 4 years in games I have attended.

I apologize in advance for the lack of offense and the loss today. The Brewers are a sweet 1-6 in games I attend and outside of the one win I think they have scored about 5 runs.

That rivals me. The Brewers are 5 and 22 the last 4 years in games I have attended.

Oh my...my first 10 games I attended before this year they went undefeated with walkoffs, grand slams, etc....so this is new territory for me.

There's the risk you take with Santana in CF. With someone like Gomez or Schafer, that ball by Votto is caught and it's a 1-2-3 inning. Prolly 50/50 that Peterson gets to it (he
at
). Santana is far superior to Peterson and Schafer offensively, but what impact will having him in CF have on the pitching?

In 2008, they won first game I went to and then lost the next 10 that I went to. I stopped going by the end of July so they would make the playoffs. What are the flippin' odds of going to 10 straight losses when their home recored was 49-32???

A huge chunk of the outfield is covered with new sod because of a concert earlier this week. The pieces are 40 feet long by about 4 feet wide, and each weighs about 1700 pounds. That's not something you want to try at home.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

It's going to be steamier in Miller Park than a fresh pile of dog crap on a cold winter's morning.

It actually wasn't too bad. First inning or so was steamy, but it cooled off.

Nice to see another bomb from Santana...that was a frozen rope. Reminds me a lot of Weeks with his line drive power.

Archived