Brewer Fanatic

2015-08-25 Brewers (Peralta) at Indians (Tomlin), 6:10 PM [Brewers lose, 11-6]

1992casey

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/brewers.png[/logo][game-info][h1]August 25 | 6:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Brewers (53-72)

Indians (58-66)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]indians.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]brewers-2015_peralta-wily.jpgindians-2015_tomlin-josh.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]Wily Peralta[/pitcher][h2]4-7, 4.48 ERA, 1.47 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Indians | Game Log[/h3][h3]Three times this season, Peralta has been saddled with a loss after delivering a quality start. Wednesday was the opposite; he won after allowing six Marlins runs on nine hits in only five innings.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]Josh Tomlin[/pitcher][h2]1-1, 2.03 ERA, 0.68 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]On Thursday, Tomlin held the Yankees to one run over seven innings in his second start back from right shoulder surgery. Through 13 innings since rejoining the rotation, Tomlin has allowed three runs, all on solo homers.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. CF Shane Peterson (L)
  2. C Jonathan Lucroy ®
  3. DH Ryan Braun ®
  4. 1B Adam Lind (L)
  5. LF Khris Davis ®
  6. 2B Scooter Gennett (L)
  7. RF Domingo Santana ®
  8. SS Jean Segura ®
  9. 3B Elián Herrera (S)

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. DH Jason Kipnis ®
  2. SS Francisco Lindor (S)
  3. LF Michael Brantley (L)
  4. 1B Carlos Santana (S)
  5. RF Lonnie Chisenhall (L)
  6. C Yan Gomes ®
  7. CF Abraham Almonte (S)
  8. 3B Giovanny Urshela ®
  9. 2B José Ramírez (S)

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

This a strange game. Things aren't right with Peralta, but there should still be two outs in the second rather than none.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

What's going on with Wily? Uecker said he didn't look right.

Velocity is down, his mechanics looked off, he was all over the zone, and he had weird body language. Other than that, he looked pretty good.

And there's another HR off Lohse.

Shut Wily down and be done with it... Let Lohse lose a few more starts, at this point, it just doesn't matter. All it really does is better our chances at a higher draft choice...
"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Shut Wily down and be done with it... Let Lohse lose a few more starts, at this point, it just doesn't matter. All it really does is better our chances at a higher draft choice...

http://static.cdn-seekingalpha.com/uploads/2012/5/2/511553-13359733896477637-Yieldpig.jpg

Starters on the 40 man roster are a bit tight right now; they could try Thornburg or bring up Tyler Wagner from AA. The other minor leaguers on the 40 are Kintzler, Guilmet, Strong, and Hellweg, none of whom are good candidates. Zach Davies and Hiram Burgos might be worth a look, but would require 40 man roster spots; I think Davies is a lock for one this offseason so I don't see that as a problem, but I'm not sure what they're thinking with Burgos these days.

The Brewers only have 37 spots filled, so they can easily add Davies and/or Burgos. If they need to drop Burgos before the Rule 5 they can (and Lohse and likely Kintzler will be gone too, creating additional spots).

Houser and Lopez need to be added, so they can be brought up as well. My guess is Davies and Burgos first with Biloxi in the playoffs.

Did anyone else see Wily kind of weirdly walking off the field after one of his innings tonight? Like he was starting something or someone down, only there wasn't anything going on. It was really, really weird unless I was just seeing things.

What's going on with Wily? Uecker said he didn't look right.

Velocity is down, his mechanics looked off, he was all over the zone, and he had weird body language. Other than that, he looked pretty good.

And there's another HR off Lohse.

The above gentle sarcasm reminded me of "Soup pitched great!"

Archived