Brewer Fanatic

September callups 2015 [Davies called up]

LouisEly
I think you lot are being way too critical of Davies after one major league start, especially against a pretty good club like the Pirates. He had some command issues, but all of the damage done against him really was on one bad pitch to A-Ram. He showed some pretty solid flashes aside from that, and it's clear he was having some (very justifiable) jitters. Saying he's doomed to mediocrity or destined to the bullpen is insanely premature.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I disagree that he profiles as a bullpen type. His lack of high velocity overpowering stuff coupled with his mechanics definitely make it seem like he's got the distance to go longer into games. We might be wasting his talent in the pen.

I disagree that he profiles as a bullpen type. His lack of high velocity overpowering stuff coupled with his mechanics definitely make it seem like he's got the distance to go longer into games. We might be wasting his talent in the pen.

Plus he - right now - has three pitches he can throw for strikes. I don't see the velocity on his fastball being that much of an issue if he has sink on it and can keep it low.

All things considered, I thought he looked good last night. Going to take an adjustment to teams trying to slow him down - we'll see if he can do anything with that this month.

At the beginning of the 3rd inning the first batter, I believe Pedro Alvarez called for time while Davies was in his windup. That was the 5th te in the short 2+ inning that was done to him. I wished he would have put one in alvarez' shoulder at that time. He had 3 bad batters.

It's not the batter's fault the ump gave him time. Every one of those is on the ump and one of the Brewers coaches should have been tossed but they really didn't seem to care too much.

Davies is 22 years old. Let's give the kid some time. I was excited by his first start and look forward to seeing him hopefully develop as a solid starter.

exactly! when was the last time the brewers had a 22 year old break the rotation?

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

To be fair, he's not in the rotation. He's been given a chance to do so, based on being a bad team with nothing to lose. It's not like he was dominant and it was time to bring him up.

Also to be fair, it was sort of forced because of an injury to Cravy and not just a token start because these games are meaningless.

Archived