Brewer Fanatic

2015-08-23 Brewers (Garza) at Nationals (Zimmermann), 12:35 PM [Brewers lose, 9-5]

1992casey

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/brewers.png[/logo][game-info][h1]August 23 | 12:35 P.M.[/h1][h2]Brewers (53-71)

Nationals (61-61)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/nationals.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]brewers-2015_garza-matt9.jpgnationals-2015_zimmermann-jordan1.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]Matt Garza[/pitcher][h2]6-13, 4.98 ERA, 1.44 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Nationals | Game Log[/h3][h3]Garza is the lone veteran remaining in Milwaukee’s starting rotation as they briefly turn to a four man group. He put together back to back seven inning starts for the first time this season before allowing five runs on eight hits in a loss.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]Jordan Zimmermann[/pitcher][h2]9-8, 3.44 ERA, 1.21 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]In six career starts against Milwaukee, Zimmermann is 4-1 with a 3.71 ERA, having struck out 36 Brewers in 34 innings.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. 2B Scooter Gennett (L)
  2. C Jonathan Lucroy ®
  3. RF Ryan Braun ®
  4. 1B Adam Lind (L)
  5. LF Khris Davis ®
  6. CF Domingo Santana ®
  7. SS Jean Segura ®
  8. 3B Elián Herrera (S)
  9. RHP Matt Garza ®

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. LF Jayson Werth ®
  2. 3B Anthony Rendon ®
  3. RF Bryce Harper (L)
  4. 1B Ryan Zimmerman ®
  5. SS Ian Desmond ®
  6. 2B Danny Espinosa (S)
  7. C Wilson Ramos ®
  8. CF Michael Taylor ®
  9. RHP Jordan Zimmermann ®

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

This is apparently the free game of the day on MLB.TV. That's not likely to help anyone in the Brewers' market, but it should make the game available to Brewers fans who live elsewhere.

Don't the Brewers have a lot of days off in this stretch? Why even bother with Garza anymore, sure the pitch count is low but he's all over the place. And here we go again.

And I know, it doesn't really matter.

Ugh I was at the game today and as soon as the ball was chopped to Garza I yelled: "He doesn't know how to throw to first!" I still have no idea how a pitcher can not understand how to throw to a base.

I think Garza is hurt again. He was only hitting 92/93 today. When he came off the DL he was hitting 95, occasionally 96. I don't think the gun was slow as Knebel was hitting 96/97.

Khrush. Among the 32 LFs with at least 275 PAs, he is now 8th in OPS.

I think Garza is hurt again. He was only hitting 92/93 today. When he came off the DL he was hitting 95, occasionally 96. I don't think the gun was slow as Knebel was hitting 96/97.

I think he's a reliever at this point in his career. Fastball is straight as an arrow and only sits 92-93 and not 95-97. IMHO he's the Brewers long man next year. Or maybe 6th or 7th inning guy.

I think he's a reliever at this point in his career. Fastball is straight as an arrow and only sits 92-93 and not 95-97. IMHO he's the Brewers long man next year. Or maybe 6th or 7th inning guy.

Not when he's making $12M a year.

MLB Gameday didn't alert us to the fact that the Packers were on WTMJ and the Brewers were on the station currently known as WKTI (94.5 FM).

Archived