Mike Fiers No-Hits the Dodgers

splitterpfj

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
First complete game too, just amazing

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

[sarcasm]But he's just a #4-5 starter because he can't throw 95.[/sarcasm]

For what he went through in 2013, if there's anyone who deserves it, it's him.

I wonder how many pitchers in history have thrown a no-hitter and an immaculate inning, much less in the same year?

Not bad for a soft-tosser who will never amount to anything.

I love it. Fiers is a great story and seems like a fine human. I'm very happy with the trade from our end, but I hated to see him go. Thrilled for him. I just hope his adrenaline didn't frag his arm.

Awesome to see. Even without having gone more than 8+ ever, you always felt it was a possibility during those month-long stretches in '11 and '14 when he was dominant and fun to watch. Wish it could have happened with us, though I still agree with making the move and really like the deal we got.

Waiting for the bottom to drop out. Don't think the Brewers front office would have traded him if they didn't suspect it was going to.

There is always the possibility that a trade was made that would truly benefit both sides.

Very happy for Mike, too. I wish it would have happened while he was in a Brewers uniform, though. 1986 was a long time ago, and the way this season has gone, having a no hitter to celebrate would have been a great thing.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

SRB, the front office traded him because he's 30 and has demand. Metrics-minded teams probably love the pitch-velocity variance, strikeout rates, low hit totals, and efficient pitch counts. He likely would have begun his decline by the time we return to prominence.

Waiting for the bottom to drop out. Don't think the Brewers front office would have traded him if they didn't suspect it was going to.

What exactly do you mean in saying that you are waiting for the bottom to drop out with Fiers?

Obviously his no-hitter was an aberration, but he's a very solid MLB starting pitcher. A starting pitcher has to have talent to average a K per inning over 360 plus innings. Over those same 360 innings, he has a 3.66 ERA and solid 1.24 WHIP.

Fiers will never be a front of the rotation ace, but i can easily envision him having at least a couple of more years as a starting pitcher with an ERA in that 3.25-3.75 range, which would have pretty damn good value given he will be under team control until 2019.

He doesn't possess a 95mph fastball, but Fiers does show that you don't have to have a power arm to be a productive starting pitcher and also that he'll end up having a more productive career than quite a few more hyped power pitchers who just never could put the command together with their big fastball to consistently get big league hitters out.

So you all think that the Brewers traded a mid-3's ERA pitcher with 4.5 years of (cheap) team control left? How are you not furious about that trade then? The Brewers obviously don't think he is as good as his career stats to date, or they would not have traded him. Simple as that.

So you all think that the Brewers traded a mid-3's ERA pitcher with 4.5 years of (cheap) team control left? How are you not furious about that trade then? The Brewers obviously don't think he is as good as his career stats to date, or they would not have traded him. Simple as that.

I'm not furious because I understand that the Brewers value the six years of team control over four of the Astros best prospects whose prime should roughly coincide with when we start to become good again. That strategy makes much more sense to me than keeping around a very good pitcher in Fiers during years where we won't be able to compete much anyways and who will be regressing when our window opens again.

Dumb, dumb, dumb.........maybe it's the fact that the Brewers know they won't be good until 2017 and need talent to due so. So trade away a 30yr old pitcher for a stud OF prospect.

Archived