Brewer Fanatic

2015-08-21 Brewers (Nelson) at Nationals (González), 6:05 PM [Brewers win, 10-3; Santana homers, Lohse earns first career save]

1992casey
There have been a lot of guys in MLB over the years to throw no hitters that were no better than a 4 or 5 starter... Just because he threw a no no doesn't make him an ace.
"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

And I suppose a lot of #4-5 starters have thrown immaculate innings too.

No one is saying he's a #1. But it has been proven that he's a solid #3 at the worst. Please provide statistical evidence that he's a #4-5.

And name some #4-5 starters who have thrown no-hitters.

Lincecum was no better than a 4-5 when he threw his last no hitter. Chris Heston is probably a 4-5. Somebody already mentioned Humber. Dallas Braden. Eric Milton. Scott Erickson.

And I suppose a lot of #4-5 starters have thrown immaculate innings too.

No one is saying he's a #1. But it has been proven that he's a solid #3 at the worst. Please provide statistical evidence that he's a #4-5.

Are we discussing immaculate innings? If so, I can't say if a lot of 4 or 5 starters have done it, and don't care enough to do the research... Can you say for certain they haven't?

#3 at worst is an opinion, nothing more. Are there statistical categories that dictate what # in the rotation a pitcher is?

Others have already named bottom of the rotation starters that threw no hitters, you need more examples?

I'm not sure where the venom is coming from, I like Fiers, and was sad to see him go, I was merely saying that a lot of 4 and 5 guys have thrown no hitters over the years, and did not place Fiers into a certain level, except to say he is not an ace.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Lincecum was no better than a 4-5 when he threw his last no hitter. Chris Heston is probably a 4-5. Somebody already mentioned Humber. Dallas Braden. Eric Milton. Scott Erickson.

Hideo Nomo threw one later in his career when he was basically a bottom of the rotation pitcher for the Red Sox. It happens.

Still, good for Fiers. What a weird Brewers game last night, though. Lohse for 2016 closer!

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Archived