Brewer Fanatic

uecker reveals his attitude toward braun?

djoctagone
From comments that Uecker has made, it sounds like the voice thing has been an issue for at least 3+ weeks now. I was surprised that he made the trip to Washington. On Friday when I was listening it almost sounded like he was over-compensating and speaking lounder on a lot of stuff just to try and get something into his calls. He sounded like he was getting excited on calls that had no reason to get excited for. Sounded pretty bad. It just didn't sound like Uecker being himself.

If I remember right, Uecker also had "vocal issues" during his heart surgery season. I'm not speculating, just merely stating what I think might have been fact. It also may have no correlation, too.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I noticed Bob's voice today, but I don't think it stopped him from "being himself." Still, like crossface21, after hearing him, I'm surprised he made the trip. He must feel fine otherwise.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Could this be his last season of calling games maybe?
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Could this be his last season of calling games maybe?

Hopefully not. :( His run has to come to an end eventually, but I'll take anything he can give. My little daughter knows that I'm listening to the Brewers because she recognizes Bob Ueker's voice. :)

Robert Uecker is old. His voice is just as old too. it happens. I think its being read too much into

To me, it didn't have anything to do with his voice. I didn't hear it in real time, but was listening to the post-game and knew that Braun had hit a HR and it would be featured. When it was replayed, Uecker does his normal HR call... and then I was waiting for him to immediatly mention that this was a milestone HR. Instead, he casually goes into who the "big winner" is from the HR, and it seems like it took about 30 seconds before he mentions that this HR set a new franchise record. I just thought the order of those two things would be switched. Maybe he had honestly forgotten until someone alerted him to it. Otherwise it just seems odd that he wouldn't have mentioned that fact while Braun was still circling the bases.

Gruber Lawffices

If I remember right, Uecker also had "vocal issues" during his heart surgery season. I'm not speculating, just merely stating what I think might have been fact. It also may have no correlation, too.

I remember that too, pitchleague, and I thought of it right away when his recent 'vocal issues' arose. My guess is if there's anyone in the Brewers' organization whose medical team is probably watching him like a hawk, it may well be Ueck. I don't think he'd run himself into the ground unnecessarily, and I doubt the Brewers would let him. They know his value to the franchise.

Having said that, I too was mildly surprised that he made the Washington and Cleveland trip.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived