Brewer Fanatic

2015-08-19 Marlins (Koehler) at Brewers (Peralta), 1:10 PM [Brewers win, 8-7; Braun hits career HR #252, Davis 2HR, 5 RBI]

1992casey

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/marlins.png[/logo][game-info][h1]August 19 | 1:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Marlins (49-70)

Brewers (51-70)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620, WRRD 1510[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/brewers.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]marlins-2015_koehler-tom.jpgbrewers-2015_peralta-wily.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]Tom Koehler[/pitcher][h2]8-10, 3.68 ERA, 1.23 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Koehler has emerged as the most reliable starter on the staff and his 134 innings are the most on the team. The righty, however is seeking his first win since July 23. He’s dropped four straight decisions.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]Wily Peralta[/pitcher][h2]3-7, 4.07 ERA, 1.41 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Marlins | Game Log[/h3][h3]Peralta put together his best start since returning from the disabled list last time out against the Phillies. The right-hander blanked Philadelphia over seven innings, scattering six hits.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. 2B Dee Gordon (L)
  2. 3B Martín Prado ®
  3. LF Derek Dietrich (L)
  4. 1B Justin Bour (L)
  5. CF Marcell Ozuna ®
  6. RF Cole Gillespie ®
  7. C J.T. Realmuto ®
  8. SS Miguel Rojas ®
  9. RHP Tom Koehler ®

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. CF Shane Peterson (L)
  2. 2B Scooter Gennett (L)
  3. RF Ryan Braun ®
  4. 1B Adam Lind (L)
  5. LF Khris Davis ®
  6. 3B Elián Herrera (S)
  7. SS Jean Segura ®
  8. C Martín Maldonado ®
  9. RHP Wily Peralta ®

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I can't even count how many times Scooter Gennett has preferred the out at first over the lead runner. I really just don't get it...

Nice to see Counsell show a little anger towards a player. If it was Roenicke he would still be picking his butt in his little corner.

It's really a shame the Brewers never made Peralta throw his changeup in the minors. He had a decent one in Appleton but rarely threw it and now that he's in the big leagues, lefties crush him because he only has a fastball that runs over the plate and a slider.

KKKKKKKRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

I can't even count how many times Scooter Gennett has preferred the out at first over the lead runner. I really just don't get it...

Nice to see Counsell show a little anger towards a player. If it was Roenicke he would still be picking his butt in his little corner.

Was Counsell getting after Gennett?

How do you NOT turn 2 there? Bill is right (for the most part): "They just can't get it right today, can they?"

This has been going on almost all season, with intermittent good play. Bad defense, bad fundamentals, etc etc.. and the beat goes on..

it's hard to see peralta as part of the future at this point. Why can't this guy put it together? 6 er to this god awful team
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
You know, this club has so many mental things that don't qualify as 'errors'. How many extra outs are we going to give away? I know every team has this kind of stuff, but it seems to be rampant. Is it bad baseball IQ? I mean it's not like they haven't been told to do things the right way.

When did they stop closing the roof partially to avoid the shadows? I am guessing they stopped because the offense is garbage so might as well help the pitchers? Hitters can't hit in perfect conditions.

About 3 years, give or take.

I've been at a couple of games this year where the roof was partially closed. At a couple of other day games, it was left open. I think the difference might be that it's closed for full sun but left open if it's overcast.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

it's hard to see peralta as part of the future at this point. Why can't this guy put it together? 6 er to this god awful team

I wouldn't go that far, but for a guy who can throw as hard as he does consistently through the course of a game, his below average strikeout numbers considering his velocity just goes to show how important command always has been and always will be when it comes to facing big league hitters.

We had two former Brewers in Estrada and Fiers who threw only in the 88-90 range, yet were able to strikeout more batters both because they had better command overall and secondary pitches they could count on to get swings and misses.

Obviously you'd rather any pitcher could throw 95-98 consistently vs 88-90, but big league hitters see high velocity so often tat if those pitches are left over the plate a lot, they'll get hit hard and especially if hitter isn't concerned much about secondary pitches.

Archived