Brewer Fanatic

2015-08-18 Marlins (Conley) at Brewers (Cravy), 7:10 PM [Brewers lose, 9-6]

1992casey

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/marlins.png[/logo][game-info][h1]August 18 | 7:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Marlins (48-70)

Brewers (51-69)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/brewers.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]marlins-2015_conley-adam.jpgbrewers-2015_cravy-tyler7.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]Adam Conley[/pitcher][h2]1-0, 5.00 ERA, 1.28 WHIP[/h2][h3]Game Log[/h3][h3]Is the rookie a starter or reliever? The Marlins are still trying to find that out about Conley, who has a 5.00 ERA with nine strikeouts in his last 18 innings. In two starts, he’s posted a 5.59 ERA in 9 innings.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]Tyler Cravy[/pitcher][h2]0-4, 5.92 ERA, 1.52 WHIP[/h2][h3]Game Log[/h3][h3]Despite his struggles, the Brewers will continue to let their rookie righty audition for a role in the starting rotation. The 26 year old Cravy is 0-4 this season and carries a 5.92 ERA after 24 Major League innings.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. 2B Dee Gordon (L)
  2. RF Ichiro Suzuki (L)
  3. 3B Martín Prado ®
  4. 1B Justin Bour (L)
  5. LF Derek Dietrich (L)
  6. CF Cole Gillespie ®
  7. SS Adeiny Hechavarria ®
  8. C Tomás Telis (S)
  9. LHP Adam Conley (L)

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. SS Jean Segura ®
  2. C Jonathan Lucroy ®
  3. RF Ryan Braun ®
  4. LF Khris Davis ®
  5. 1B Jason Rogers ®
  6. 3B Hernán Pérez ®
  7. 2B Elián Herrera (S)
  8. CF Logan Schafer (L)
  9. RHP Tyler Cravy ®

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I'm all for giving young guys a chance but Cravy does not seem like he belongs in the rotation or has any chance to be there long term, so whats the point? No other options, I guess?

This is the battle for the bottom. Brewers proved to be better than Philly but can they match up against Miami.

Just a great inning for Braun. If he runs half as hard to that ball in the corner as he did on that double, it saves a run.

Then ending the inning getting thrown out at third by ten feet.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Looking a little deeper minors stats I suppose there isn't much choice. They could go with Burgos, or go back to Lohse. Might as well give Cravy a long leash, I suppose.

It's too bad to see that Thornburg and Hellweg seem to have regressed severely after being bit by injuries.

Cravy is not Fiers 2.0

We may now know that. Let's bring up Santana and Davies. Time to see what we have.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I've been a Cravy fan since he was in Helena, but he's starting to make me sad.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

I agree that Cravy is way overmatched, but there was absolutely nothing lost and no harm in trying him out. Now we know what we have for the short-term future and he is likely not a part of that plan. The cool part about lost seasons is that we can afford to do that now instead of in a pennant race down the road.

I had forgotten about Cole Gillespie. It's hard to believe that he's 31. With his .796 OPS (before tonight), he's put together a pretty good string of 118 plate appearances.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived