Brewer Fanatic

removing sharpie marker from photos

TURBO

Anyone have a way to do it without ruining the finish of the photo?

I have a couple signed 8 x 10s I'd like to remove my name from... Won't even try it though it there is any chance it could ruin the finish on the photo.

I got an 8x10 signed by Kodi Medeiros yesterday, but he refused to sign without personalizing it. It was odd, and uncomfortable since I watched him sign for others and he didn't make an issue of it. (I didn't say a word about it to him, just told him my name and let him do his business) This is only the 3rd time all season I have asked him to sign a photo, and the other 2 times he was super nice and talkative. I don't know if he thinks I am someone else who gave him a hard time, or if he thinks I sell them or what, but it was not cool. As I said earlier, he started only signing one thing a few weeks ago, but yesterday, in front of me he signed multiple cards for some teenage boys without saying a word to them, and he did not personalize their cards either... The boys he signed the multiple cards for are there every week, getting players to sign as many as 10 cards at once, same kids every single Sunday auto session. When he got to me, I had to have my name attached. It was just strange.

Anyway, he put my name on the photo, far enough away from his sig that I can easily remove my name without effecting the sig. I just don't like things that are personalized in my collection. I'll never sell it, so it is just a personal preference of mine...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

When I was a TA, I use to remove Sharpie from white boards all of the time. The trick was to trace the Sharpie writing with a dry erase marker, then wipe the board clean. Why don't you practice removing Sharpie from a photo with a similar finish? Too funny - I was expecting Medeiros to personalize for me on Sunday, but he did not. He's signed three times for me this summer, but only personalized once. I think he pegged me for an Ebayer that time - I was wearing a solid color polo shirt and gave him an OMLB. The other two times, I've worn team colors and used unofficial balls.

When I was a TA, I use to remove Sharpie from white boards all of the time. The trick was to trace the Sharpie writing with a dry erase marker, then wipe the board clean. Why don't you practice removing Sharpie from a photo with a similar finish? Too funny - I was expecting Medeiros to personalize for me on Sunday, but he did not. He's signed three times for me this summer, but only personalized once. I think he pegged me for an Ebayer that time - I was wearing a solid color polo shirt and gave him an OMLB. The other two times, I've worn team colors and used unofficial balls.

Yeah, I think he must have thought I was a seller too. There is no other explanation, especially since he wasn't as friendly as the other two times either... I am hoping he just thought I was someone else who had given him grief in the past, and to be honest, if that is the case, I feel kind of bad about it... Oh well, what can you do?

I struck out on the dry erase method and the axe body spray method. I tried it on a different photo, and the dry erase method worked great, I was amazed! Tried it on my Kodi photo, and it did nothing except ruin the photo... The finish, as it turns out, is not as glossy as the one I tried it on first. It must be more of a semi mat finish, but it does have a bit of shine. Anyway, I pretty much ruined the photo...

No one's fault but my own, I should have looked for a surface the same as the Kodi photo to try it out on...

Thanks anyway guys...

Anyone know of a way to remove sharpie and dry erase marker from a surface that is not very glossy?

Archived