Brewer Fanatic

2015-08-16 Phillies (Harang) at Brewers (Jungmann), 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-1; Braun's slam ties Yount's team HR record]

1992casey

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/phillies.png[/logo][game-info][h1]August 16 | 1:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Phillies (46-71)

Brewers (50-68)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620, WRRD 1510[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/brewers.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]phillies-2015_harang-aaron.jpgbrewers-2015_jungmann-taylor8.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]Aaron Harang[/pitcher][h2]5-13, 4.52 ERA, 1.37 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Things haven’t been going well for Harang. He has an 8.10 ERA in his past nine starts dating to June 4, which includes the eight runs he allowed in just 5 innings Monday in a loss to Arizona at Chase Field.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]Taylor Jungmann[/pitcher][h2]6-4, 2.42 ERA, 1.14 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Phillies | Game Log[/h3][h3]The rookie will look to bounce back from his first dud as a big league starter. Jungmann needed 81 pitches to get through 2 innings against the Cubs, the first time in 12 starts that he did not at least clear the fifth.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. 2B César Hernández (S)
  2. SS Freddy Galvis (S)
  3. CF Odubel Herrera (L)
  4. 1B Ryan Howard (L)
  5. 3B Andrés Blanco (S)
  6. RF Domonic Brown (L)
  7. C Carlos Ruiz ®
  8. LF Cody Asche (L)
  9. RHP Aaron Harang ®

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. CF Shane Peterson (L)
  2. C Jonathan Lucroy ®
  3. RF Ryan Braun ®
  4. 1B Adam Lind (L)
  5. LF Khris Davis ®
  6. 2B Scooter Gennett (L)
  7. SS Jean Segura ®
  8. 3B Elián Herrera (S)
  9. RHP Taylor Jungmann ®

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

That ticker on the bottom of the screen on FSWI's broadcast has to go. Besides being distracting, it can also intrude on the action. When showing replays of Braun's single (which was overturned), the critical information — his foot touching the bag — was covered up by the stupid ticker.

segura just doesn't look like he's learned any sort of pitch recognition in his three years. i just don't know if he'll ever be better if he hacks so badly at pitches.

His head dips too much. Not balanced enough.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
segura just doesn't look like he's learned any sort of pitch recognition in his three years. i just don't know if he'll ever be better if he hacks so badly at pitches.

His head dips too much. Not balanced enough.

and he can't bunt now.

Segura has taken to swinging more, both in and out of the zone... which shows he isn't recognizing pitches.

Which goes back to the Brewers organizational (or RRR's MLB philosophy) of swing first, and ask questions later.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Braunie! Love it. If he can sustain the power and bump his average to closer to .300 I don't care where he plays in the field.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

wow. the arena looks empty....I know its a blowout but isnt it a bobbledoll day?

33,920. It looked reasonably full early in the game. I can't say I paid much attention to the crowd later on.

wow. the arena looks empty....I know its a blowout but isnt it a bobbledoll day?

Bobbleheads no longer promise sell-outs. You can pick them up for $10 on the secondary market these days since they give so many out.

They have overkilled them to the point of no one seems to care that much anymore. If you miss one at the stadium, you can pick one up for dirt cheap later, so there is no need to target the bobble games any longer.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

33,920. It looked reasonably full early in the game. I can't say I paid much attention to the crowd later on.

Our seats were in the left field bleachers. By the fourth inning, the sun was beating down on us really badly. My wife and I ended up standing in the area above there for a while, then kind of wandered around Miller Park the rest of the game. I think a lot of others did the same.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Archived