Brewer Fanatic

Blazek to DL with Right Hand Fracture -- Odd Timing of Circumstances?

Mass Haas
Brewer Fanatic Staff

Blazek to DL with Right Hand Fracture, Goforth Recalled

This looks bad, how will they spin this? Two days after surrendering a walk-off HR? Check for dents in the Wrigley lockerroom.

Unfortunate if this was anger-related, but the timing is coincidentally just too much to think otherwise.

And yes, that's blatantly unfair until we hear more, but...

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Blazek to DL with Right Hand Fracture, Goforth Recalled

This looks bad, how will they spin this? Two days after surrendering a walk-off HR? Check for dents in the Wrigley lockerroom.

Unfortunate if this was anger-related, but the timing is coincidentally just t0o much to think otherwise.

And yes, that's blatantly unfair until we hear more, but...

Perhaps he's had something for a little while that he just fessed up about or the team just discovered. He hasn't been pitching well of late.

Brewer Fanatic Staff
Eh, people do stupid things all the time. As long as he's healthy for 2015 and continues to get outs.

Keeping in mind we don't know the circumstances yet (it could be a salad tong incident, for all we know), but would you have felt the same way if the Brewers were contending right now and we do learn it was self-inflicted in anger?

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Eh, people do stupid things all the time. As long as he's healthy for 2015 and continues to get outs.

Keeping in mind we don't know the circumstances yet (it could be a salad tong incident, for all we know), but would you have felt the same way if the Brewers were contending right now and we do learn it was self-inflicted in anger?

Ha! I was just about to say something witty about salad tongs

I blame Ruben Quevedo's wife...

Of course, now after five minutes of searching, I can't actually find any proof that she was the one that beat up a good player in the parking lot... Someone help me out here... Who was that?

Whatever... I blame Ray King's George Forman grill

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Via MLB.com's Brandon Curry --

Michael Blazek's right hand fracture is a "mystery" to him when it comes to how it occurred. He didn't try and knock out a wall, by the way.

Via Andrew Gruman --

Michael Blazek said he has a small fracture at the bottom of his fourth metacarpal. Noticed it while playing long toss. No surgery or pins.

Team record wouldn't make a difference to me.

Team record wouldn't make a difference to me.

It would make a big difference to me.

My level of disgust is directly tied to the players ability and how it impacts the season.

CC in 2008.....outrage meter 10

Kyle Lohse in 2015....outrage meter 0

Archived