Brewer Fanatic

2015-08-13 Brewers (Cravy) at Cubs (Lester), 1:20 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 9-2]

1992casey

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/brewers.png[/logo][game-info][h1]August 13 | 1:20 P.M.[/h1][h2]Brewers (48-67)

Cubs (63-48)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/cubs.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]brewers-2015_cravy-tyler5.jpgcubs-2015_lester-jon.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]Tyler Cravy[/pitcher][h2]0-3, 5.40 ERA, 1.45 WHIP[/h2][h3]Game Log[/h3][h3]It’s Cravy’s fourth Major League start and his second since replacing Kyle Lohse in the rotation. The remainder of his season amounts to an audition for 2016, when Cravy has a shot to crack the Brewers starting five.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]Jon Lester[/pitcher][h2]7-8, 3.22 ERA, 1.17 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]In his past seven starts, Lester has gone no fewer than seven innings and has allowed two or fewer runs in all but one of those outings. Despite only three strikeouts Friday, he has 53 K’s in that stretch.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. SS Jean Segura ®
  2. C Jonathan Lucroy ®
  3. RF Ryan Braun ®
  4. LF Khris Davis ®
  5. 1B Jason Rogers ®
  6. 2B Elián Herrera (S)
  7. 3B Hernán Pérez ®
  8. CF Logan Schafer (L)
  9. RHP Tyler Cravy ®

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. CF Dexter Fowler ®
  2. LF Kyle Schwarber (L)
  3. 2B Chris Coghlan (L)
  4. 1B Anthony Rizzo (L)
  5. 3B Kris Bryant ®
  6. RF Jorge Soler ®
  7. C David Ross ®
  8. LHP Jon Lester (L)
  9. SS Addison Russell ®

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

CC should pull a player/ manager role for the rest of the season he's probably still better than all of our infielders aside from Lind.
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

CC should pull a player/ manager role for the rest of the season he's probably still better than all of our infielders aside from Lind.

Give me a break. Counsell was an ok major leaguer and that's where it ends.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

What does Davis bring to the team? Awful in the field and is a strike out machine. A couple 2 homer games in a season don't make up for that. Cannot stand watching him play.

Another great reason a GM cant base everything off what a stat sheet tells you. On paper he looks like he's a solid contributor. But watch him play. If there are no better options then this teams in worse shape than I thought.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

What does Davis bring to the team? Awful in the field and is a strike out machine. A couple 2 homer games in a season don't make up for that. Cannot stand watching him play.

Another great reason a GM cant base everything off what a stat sheet tells you. On paper he looks like he's a solid contributor. But watch him play. If there are no better options then this teams in worse shape than I thought.

The stat sheet says he has the 10th best OPS among LF in the NL. Which qualifies him for the bottom half. However, if you remove players with less than 200 AB's, he is 6th. (So maybe he is average) ... I don't think anyone is saying he is great. But he is serviceable. I have heard so many people say: Can't we find a better LF, SS, 2B, 3B, etc. See the pattern? This team needs more than a fix in 1 position. It is broken in multiple spots. Thus the re-build. To be honest. I want a top 5 draft pick, so I don't mind the losing.

Spend a good amount of time watching other teams play and you will come to the same conclusion for at least 1/3rd of the LF's in the league.

They could be trotting out 40-year-old Ichiro Suzuki and his .619 OPS like Miami is.

Archived