Brewer Fanatic

2015-08-09 Cardinals (Lackey) at Brewers (Nelson), 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 5-4; Davis: 2 HR]

1992casey

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/cardinals.png[/logo][game-info][h1]August 9 | 1:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Cardinals (71-39)

Brewers (47-65)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620, WRRD 1510[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/brewers.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]cardinals-2015_lackey-john.jpgbrewers-2015_nelson-jimmy4.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]John Lackey[/pitcher][h2]9-7, 2.85 ERA, 1.19 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Lackey will enter this start having made ten consecutive quality starts. His ERA during that stretch is 1.91. He has limited opponents to three or fewer runs in 19 of 22 starts and two runs of fewer in nine of his last ten.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]Jimmy Nelson[/pitcher][h2]9-9, 3.57 ERA, 1.23 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Cardinals | Game Log[/h3][h3]Nelson scattered three singles and a walk over 6 innings last time out in his fifth straight quality start. He hasn’t allowed an earned run in 20 innings spanning his last three starts.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. 3B Matt Carpenter (L)
  2. 2B Kolten Wong (L)
  3. SS Jhonny Peralta ®
  4. RF Jason Heyward (L)
  5. CF Randal Grichuk ®
  6. 1B Brandon Moss (L)
  7. LF Stephen Piscotty ®
  8. C Tony Cruz ®
  9. RHP John Lackey ®

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. CF Shane Peterson (L)
  2. LF Khris Davis ®
  3. RF Ryan Braun ®
  4. 1B Adam Lind (L)
  5. C Jonathan Lucroy ®
  6. 2B Scooter Gennett (L)
  7. SS Jean Segura ®
  8. 3B Elián Herrera (S)
  9. RHP Jimmy Nelson ®

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Will they score today?! That is the question.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Well, the Cards haven't given up a run for 36 innings, so the bigger question might be whether St. Louis will allow a run to score.

Will Bill shut up about that caught stealing? He was called out on the field. It looked like he may have been tagged on the helmet before his hand touched the base. Therefore the call stands because there isn't enough evidence to overturn it. This isn't rocket science.

Will Bill shut up about that caught stealing? He was called out on the field. It looked like he may have been tagged on the helmet before his hand touched the base. Therefore the call stands because there isn't enough evidence to overturn it. This isn't rocket science.

I came here to ask about the call. Joe Block was pretty adamant he was safe during the challenge and then complained about how replay has gotten the call wrong twice during this series after the call was confirmed.

The best I could tell from the Brewers' telecast was that Peralta "may" have tagged Jean's helmet. Maybe a camera angle that we didn't see was more definitive.

I came here to ask about the call. Joe Block was pretty adamant he was safe during the challenge and then complained about how replay has gotten the call wrong twice during this series after the call was confirmed.

When I first saw the replay it looked like he tagged his helmet. You couldn't really tell but since he was called out, the call had to stand. Close call and sucks for the Brewers but it was the right call.

When I first saw the replay it looked like he tagged his helmet. You couldn't really tell but since he was called out, the call had to stand. Close call and sucks for the Brewers but it was the right call.

Saw the replay video on MLB.com....definitely tagged him on the helmet. Cardinals feed(not sure if they got same views Brewers broadcast got) showed an angle where the helmet jerks a tad. Scoreboard supposably had bad angle.

Saw the replay video on MLB.com....definitely tagged him on the helmet. Cardinals feed(not sure if they got same views Brewers broadcast got) showed an angle where the helmet jerks a tad. Scoreboard supposably had bad angle.

Yeah, just saw that replay. He clearly did tag him on the helmet. I believe FS Wisconsin showed the definitive angle but didn't slow it down as much so you couldn't tell.

Jonathan Broxton still sucks.

It took one pitch, welcome back Mr. Broxton.

Before Saturday's game ended, I'd predicted on Twitter that STL would bring in Broxton during Sunday's game, mostly to troll my soul, because of course by now he's pitching The Cardinal Way and would surely shut down the Brewers.

I was beyond delighted to be only half right. First pitch deposited into the bleachers to blow a hold and be set up for the loss? It's like the universe might not completely hate Brewers fans after all. :)

This doesn't eliminate the possibility of Brox making a positive difference for STL down the stretch and/or in the postseason, but it was pretty bloody satisfying for today.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Elian Herrera might be my favorite garbage player since Counsell. His stat line is horrendous, but hey he gets some big hits.

Counsell really doesn't fit the definition. Herrera's more akin to Cody Ransom.

But I don't like him taking AB's away from Perez, who's 24 and who they need to make a decision on.

Archived