Brewer Fanatic

Cravy to replace Lohse in the rotation?; Guilmet optioned - Latest: Cravy to DL; post 55

bork
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I think Davies is the most likely guy for next year so as long as his innings aren't too high I'd to see him get his feet wet.

I agree that it's going to be Davies. The Brewers supposedly really liked him (I think I read that the analytics guys saw something in him). He's a groundball pitcher - fitting in with org philosophy (I don't think it's a coincidence that Fiers was traded in that he's a fly ball guy).

Well Cravy to 15 day DL for elbow. Not sure if it is strategy move or he is actually hurt

Since he has options and we are less than 2 weeks from roster expansions, no need for strategy move. Guessing he's hurt.

Will be interesting to see who replaces him on roster. Really don't need a starter for a while, and who the extra bat will be could be interesting. They've had to play either Petersen or Schafer in CF vs. LH starters. Would they bring up Reed? That would require a 40 man move, though it's not like they don't have candidates to be removed. Or maybe the red hot Sardinas (.432 in his last 10 games), which would allow Counsell to put Herrera in CF against LHP or Clark just to have a power LH bench bat.

They have three open 40 man spots so they could really call up anybody, young or old. 8 in the bullpen should be enough with multiple off days so probably a bat and maybe Santana would be the best offensive option with a couple of AL games next week.

Not sure why they would need a LH first baseman right now who isn't really a prospect long term. with the DH needed next week and 3 off days to keep the BP fresh I'd bring up Santana. Then get some arms when Sept comes around

Archived