Brewer Fanatic

Dombrowski out as GM in Detroit (Latest: hired as Red Sox President of Baseball Operations; post 37)

reillymcshane
Bob Nightengale ‏@BNightengale 4m4 minutes ago

Dave Dombrowski likely would join any club as high-tiered executive, and oversee, not necessarily replace, the GM

In other words, he'd be interested in the role that Melvin will be moving to this offseason. Which basically rules him out as a Melvin replacement.

Gruber Lawffices

Dave Dombrowski likely would join any club as high-tiered executive, and oversee, not necessarily replace, the GM

In other words, he'd be interested in the role that Melvin will be moving to this offseason. Which basically rules him out as a Melvin replacement.

Why? Pretty sure he would be thrilled to replace Melvin and be the GM.

I want nothing to do with him.

I guess I don't understand the interest. I'd rather see the front office rebuilt and someone with actual vision (and not a billionaire owner funding the team) brought in.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Why? Pretty sure he would be thrilled to replace Melvin and be the GM.

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but if the quote from Nightengale has any basis in truth, Dombrowski would likely want to be in a senior executive role (like what Melvin is moving into) and probably not be interested in being the GM. It's like you didn't read what I had quoted.

Gruber Lawffices

Dombrowski is 59. He's not replacing 63 year old Melvin.

From the "why didn't I do that?" department. Story of how Dombrowski got into baseball: He interviews then White Sox GM Roland Hemond for some school newspaper back in the 70's. He tells Hemond he's interested in a job in baseball and asks him how to go about it. Hemond says come to the winter meetings and talk to people. He does just that, meets up with Hemond who hires him and eventually becomes assistant White Sox GM before he turns 30. Around that same timeframe, late 70's, I went to a game at old Comiskey Park with a co-worker friend of mine who was originally from Rhode Island. Turns out his family lived on the same block as Hemond and one time Milwaukee Brave pitcher, Chet Nichols who was a high school teammate of my friend's dad. My friend asks me if I want to meet Hemond and we go to his office off the concourse, he tells security who he is, and Hemond invites both of us in and chats with us for a good 20-25 minutes. Hemond had worked for Braves so naturally I asked him about those days. If I had only asked him for a job!

True Story.

A lot of people have assumed that our owner meddled in some of our big name signings. There isn't even a tiny shred of proof that it is true. Not saying it isn't mid you, just that people like to make things up at random. Same reason people mistakenly call Nelson Cruz a throw in when we traded him.

A lot of people have assumed that our owner meddled in some of our big name signings. There isn't even a tiny shred of proof that it is true. Not saying it isn't mid you, just that people like to make things up at random. Same reason people mistakenly call Nelson Cruz a throw in when we traded him.

Yea... because none of that stuff about Mark A has come in the media outside of Brewerfan.net... it's all fan conjecture... or something.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Yea... because none of that stuff about Mark A has come in the media outside of Brewerfan.net... it's all fan conjecture... or something.

I know. There has never been anything reported by reliable news sources that Boras was negotiating directly with Mark A. No proof at all. Just random made up stuff.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

lets be honest, he missed Porcello

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

And of course a premier GM position opens up the same time there's an opening in Milwaukee. Let's just hope the candidate the Brewers are targeting doesn't also happen to be the person the Red Sox will be after as well.

Seems like Dave just wants to hire his old buddies. I don't think there will be too much overlap in candidates.

And of course a premier GM position opens up the same time there's an opening in Milwaukee. Let's just hope the candidate the Brewers are targeting doesn't also happen to be the person the Red Sox will be after as well.

Except Ben Cherington may be top candidate out there and should be our #1.... So hopefully Brewerz get it done!

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

ESPN’s Jerry Crasnick reports that there’s some industry buzz that Dipoto is on the Brewers’ radar as they look for a new GM. Milwaukee is said to be looking for a younger, more analytical general manager following Doug Melvin’s announcement that he’ll transition to an advisory role. Crasnick also notes that there’s some speculation that Cherington would be a good fit for Milwaukee’s GM vacancy.

Archived