Brewer Fanatic

2015-08-04 Padres (Cashner) at Brewers (Nelson), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 4-1]

1992casey

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/padres.png[/logo][game-info][h1]August 4 | 7:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Padres (52-54)

Brewers (44-63)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/brewers.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]padres-2015_cashner-andrew1.jpgbrewers-2015_nelson-jimmy4.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]Andrew Cashner[/pitcher][h2]4-10, 4.13 ERA, 1.32 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Cashner took a no decision in his last start, on July 30 against the Mets, pitching through 5 innings while allowing six hits and seven runs (five earned).[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]Jimmy Nelson[/pitcher][h2]8-9, 3.76 ERA, 1.26 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Padres | Game Log[/h3][h3]Nelson delivered a third straight quality start with seven scoreless innings against the Cubs but took a no decision after a rare letdown by the bullpen.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. SS Alexi Amarista (L)
  2. 3B Yangervis Solarte (S)
  3. RF Matt Kemp ®
  4. 1B Yonder Alonso (L)
  5. 2B Jedd Gyorko ®
  6. LF Will Venable (L)
  7. C Derek Norris ®
  8. CF Melvin Upton Jr. ®
  9. RHP Andrew Cashner ®

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. 2B Scooter Gennett (L)
  2. C Jonathan Lucroy ®
  3. RF Ryan Braun ®
  4. 1B Adam Lind (L)
  5. LF Khris Davis ®
  6. CF Shane Peterson (L)
  7. SS Jean Segura ®
  8. 3B Elian Herrera (S)
  9. RHP Jimmy Nelson ®

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Wow another first pitch out for Segura. What garbage...I'm starting to wonder if it isn't time for him to just go to the minors. I'd rather just put a guy up there who will foul off 5 pitches and strike out. That is more valuable than what Segura provides.

Thanks, T-Plush.

How does Cashner's hair look?

To go into detail he really isn't hitting his spots consistently, but is getting outs out of most of his mistakes. He also is having a hard time getting outs(99 pitches through 6 innings) and it feels he has gotten behind in a lot of counts, but that improved as the game went on. A bit of a grinder, but has stayed composed to get through it nicely. Helped that he was mixing pitches keeping hitters off balance.

Good...but not Greinke good. ;)

Thanks, T-Plush.

How does Cashner's hair look?

It's real, and it's fabulous.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Nice to see a win finally. It's been a while!
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Archived