Brewer Fanatic

2015-08-02 Cubs (Richard) at Brewers (Lohse), 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-3; Cubs sweep]

1992casey

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/cubs.png[/logo][game-info][h1]August 2 | 1:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Cubs (56-47)

Brewers (44-61)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620, WRRD 1510[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/brewers.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]cubs-2015_richard-clayton.jpgbrewers-2015_lohse-kyle2.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]Clayton Richard[/pitcher][h2]1-0, 5.40 ERA, 1.60 WHIP[/h2][h3]Game Log[/h3][h3]The Cubs traded for Dan Haren on Friday, but because he had just started for the Marlins, Richard will be added to the roster for the series finale. It’ll be his fourth start with the Cubs and his first since July 20 with the Reds.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]Kyle Lohse[/pitcher][h2]5-12, 6.24 ERA, 1.44 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Cubs | Game Log[/h3][h3]Lohse pitched into the seventh inning of his last start for only the third time since May 15. But he also was burned again by the long ball, making it 18 times in 21 starts that he has surrendered at least one home run.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. CF Dexter Fowler (S)
  2. C Kyle Schwarber (L)
  3. LF Chris Coghlan (L)
  4. 1B Anthony Rizzo (L)
  5. 3B Kris Bryant ®
  6. RF Jorge Soler ®
  7. SS Starlin Castro ®
  8. LHP Clayton Richard (L)
  9. 2B Addison Russell ®

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. SS Jean Segura ®
  2. C Jonathan Lucroy ®
  3. RF Ryan Braun ®
  4. 1B Adam Lind (L)
  5. LF Khris Davis ®
  6. 2B Elián Herrera (S)
  7. CF Shane Peterson (L)
  8. 3B Hernán Pérez (L)
  9. RHP Kyle Lohse ®

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

It's pretty ridiculous that that wasn't overturned. He pretty clearly had his foot on the base.

The home plate umpire is awful today too. Strike zone is so inconsistent. Pitches actually in the zone are being called balls. Pitches a few inches off the plate are being called strikes.

It's pretty ridiculous that that wasn't overturned. He pretty clearly had his foot on the base.

The home plate umpire is awful today too. Strike zone is so inconsistent. Pitches actually in the zone are being called balls. Pitches a few inches off the plate are being called strikes.

Nevermind on the replay. The Cubs camera guys are actually good at their jobs and had a view that showed his foot was off the base.

The comments about the home plate umpire still stand though.

should I even bother turning the game on or should I do something productive today?

It's pretty much the opposite of how the series has gone. Lohse can somehow get Rizzo out but everyone else has gotten on base at least once.

Can we start speculating if the Brewers can move Davis away from Milwaukee before the Waiver deadline? I mean geez, we already moved the majority of our offense already. If we are going to have to sit here as fans and ACCEPT bad baseball lets clean the house up completely.

Move Braun back to Left Field and let someone from the minors come up and play right. Just saying.

Can't even watch these Cubs games...I just want bad things to happen to their annoying fans. I just keep telling myself that all that dough they're bringing up north will help offset local attendance declines and every loss is a better draft pick for us.

Pot meet kettle. You don't think Cubs fans don't get annoyed with annoying Brewer fans who invade Wrigley. It happens with every fan base. Personally, I thought this was payback for how annoying Brewers fans were when the Brewers visited Wrigley.

Can't we get call it a truce and continue our mutual hatred of the Cards?

Jean Segura summed up in one picture. This picture also shows why Kyle Schwarber isn't a catcher.

http://i.imgur.com/Aagh1Zw.jpg

I thought you were going to saw that this picture shows why Jean Segura isn't much of a hitter.

I've found that Cubs fans are frequently a pain at the ballpark while Cards fans are fine. On the other side of the coin, Cubs fans have been great here on Brewerfan. We've had a lot of issues with Cards fans, though.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I shouldn't be proud of this, but I still have a memory as a child of my parents taking me to Milwaukee for a whole series and before the series we went to the Milwaukee zoo. A nice, young married couple, decked out in Cubs gear, asked me, 'Hey, were there any bears over there?' Without a pause, I replied, 'Yes, they're right around the corner in the first display, but their cubs are dead.'

I'd like to think somewhere, they still remember this interaction.

There was one shot from a camera on the first base side which showed his foot a couple of inches off the bag. BA even mentioned it but they never showed it again on TV. Don't get me started on strike zones...

Jean Segura summed up in one picture. This picture also shows why Kyle Schwarber isn't a catcher.

http://i.imgur.com/Aagh1Zw.jpg

I thought you were going to saw that this picture shows why Jean Segura isn't much of a hitter.

No kidding. Segura has a decent arm and is fast but what good is that speed when he rarely gets on base? With all the talent in the minors at SS its too bad we couldn't move Jean - unless nobody wanted him.

Archived