Brewer Fanatic

The Future of Jon Lucroy

clancyphile
At the end of the interview he basically says being a baseball player isn't fun and if you didn't get paid a lot it wouldn't be worth it.

#onepercentproblems

Haha. This is EXACTLY the thought I had when I read that quote. I'm sure it was meant to come across differently, but man is it easy to take that wrong. I'd play baseball for half what I make right now if I could afford it.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am happy with where I am so, no, I do not miss the long hours, the working out. You know, it is a full time job and I'm glad that I've moved on."

Quote from Derek Jeter. I think all Lucroy means is that it's a grind, every day with almost no days off and all the pressure. I bet most guys agree they just won't say it. I like that Lucroy will be honest instead of cliches, Aaron Rodger is like that too.

As much as I'd love to see the Brewers trade Lucroy I'd be hesitant to do so until the Brewers have a potential replacement

That's a 2017 problem. Doesn't matter if Ueker is back there next year. For 2017, they can trade for someone or pick up a FA. That shouldn't prevent them from trading him now if they get a good return.

Frankly, I'd rather hear players speak plainly than all in cliches.

I agree. I'd rather here plain truthful speaking, rather than standard lines about "grinding things out," and "We need to keep playing hard every day," etc.

I rather hear nothing than truthful (?) speaking.

I didn't see in Luc's eyes last August/September how he hates losing, how badly he wanted to win...

Rebuilding mode is only his fault (with other "big" names).

I am ok with it, they are human and they can play badly and i can accept it, but i can't accept when you call your franchise out for going in a different direction.

The franchise (thankfully) took this road because of the players and their performances.

Yes there were errors in evaluation in this last off season but I think even with a lost wild card tie breaker (which was a worst case scenario in 2014 July), this season would be seen as a downer in a up 'n' down decade.

sorry for my writing but i think you goy my point, in my mind in italian this was more clever and interesting. ahahaha

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I deleted a few posts regarding race. Let's keep that out of the discussion. Thanks.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I deleted a few posts regarding race. Let's keep that out of the discussion. Thanks.

I think it's very relevant to how Lucroy is viewed compared to let's say a Dominican player saying the same things. Lucroy is a "team leader" and a breath of "fresh air." Lucroy will still be a fan favorite while other players, people would turn on them very quickly.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I think it's very relevant to how Lucroy is viewed compared to let's say a Dominican player saying the same things. Lucroy is a "team leader" and a breath of "fresh air." Lucroy will still be a fan favorite while other players, people would turn on them very quickly.

Racial discussions have historically ended up as three to five pages of nothing but a back and forth on race and politics. Hence we avoid them to keep things on topic. Sorry, thems the rules.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Racial discussions have historically ended up as three to five pages of nothing but a back and forth on race and politics. Hence we avoid them to keep things on topic. Sorry, thems the rules.

Don't like it but understand. Moving on! Lol

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I understand race/politics don't belong here. I'll just say this, and move on. I have about 17 examples to refute race is somehow involved here, but I don't have that time.

Prince Fielder said some controversial things while he was a Brewer, also started a fight with his own teammate. Everyone still loved him. Krod- domestic abuse. Yo- drunken driving. Neither was run out of town, barely even talked about.

Not to mention Lucroy's comments (even if we take them in the worst light) are not worthy of running him out of town. Yet, read all the comments and most people want to trade him anyhow. (Which basically goes against your comments.)

Not to mention Lucroy's comments (even if we take them in the worst light) are not worthy of running him out of town. Yet, read all the comments and most people want to trade him anyhow. (Which basically goes against your comments.)

I want to trade him because he is a valuable commodity and we will likely not be in a position to compete for a playoff spot while he is here. I think most people do. It really has nothing to do with his comments.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Lucroy is a 29 year old catcher, so he will be 31 once his contract is up. I think this makes a clear case to trade him now and get the max return for him. While the brewers don't feel this will be a long rebuild, i don't see the brewers are playoff contenders before he hits free agency. While the casual fan will be upset with this move, hardcores will approve if you get a package similar to what gogo netted the brewers.

Archived