Brewer Fanatic

Braun- looking like second half 2014

rickh150
that's what I mean though, what prince did was kind of the minimum someone can do and still be considered passable. Braun is 5 inches taller and not fat. As long as he can field ground balls at all it should be easy to do that, and with his infield background he should already be better than Prince at fielding the ball. It's just learning how to stretch and just getting comfortable with his responsibilities. If he trains at it and they decide he can't do it, then I guess you look to trade Davis when Phillips is ready. But I'd be really surprised if he can't do it.

5 inches? Braun is 6'2....are you saying that Prince is 5'9?

More like 2 or 3 inches.

I'm 5'9, and stood next to Prince. 5'10" would be generous to him.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Many have suggested that his listed height is "padded." I've seen some suggest that he's as short as 5'7".

If Braun is indeed 6'2" as his listed height suggests, there's no way Fielder is only 5'7". Even 5'9" is dubious

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/001/543/751/129028653_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=420&q=75

Of course, it's entirely possible that Braun's height is being padded as well. It's hard to say exactly how much taller Braun is, because they are wearing helmets, but there is not a 5 or 7 inch difference there, or in any picture you can find with the two of them standing next to each other. (Unless in this cropped picture Prince is standing on a box)

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

If Fielder is 5'7" then Jose Altuve is 3 feet tall.

Here's something interesting:

Adam Lind, 31 years old, 856 OPS, $7,500,000

Prince Fielder, 31 years old, 836 OPS, $24,000,000

Sorry - off topic but I didn't know Lind and Fielder were the same age until today.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Yea maybe Braun is only 3 inches taller if his 6'2 is inflated a bit. Besides the point, Braun is noticeably taller and with longer arms and that's what i was saying. Keep in mind in that pic that prince usually had a kind of mini Afro/dreds thing going with his hair so the helmet is gonna sit up.

Archived