Brewer Fanatic

2016 Opening day organizational rotations

Opening Day rotations (listings are not in #1 starter on down/in no particular order)

MKE-- Garza, Jungmann, Nelson, Peralta, (one of AAA starters or FA signee)

Colo Springs-- Davies, Hader, JLopez, Cravy, Wagner, (Hobbs starts if one is moved to MKE starting lineup, otherwise AAA bullpen)

Biloxi-- JOrtega, Salas, Hirsch, Wang, Woodruff, with Houser moved to the bullpen (Taylor Williams would have gone here)

Brevard Co-- Kodi, Devin, NKirby, Ponce, and Sneed (Since it is pitcher friendly in FL, I see them moving up together.)

Wisconsin piggybacks so all these guys will get 4 innings of work-- Perrin, CTrent, DCarver, Wuilder Rodriguez, Diplan, Walters, Kole, Drossner, Hanfold, MDiaz, CLuna, Yamamoto, Desguin, any other 2015 draftee with a pulse

If you don't see a starter here (Suter, Brooks Hall, Thornburg, Hellweg) then they were not kept on the 40 or moved to the bullpen.

Where am I wrong, who did I misplace or overestimate...?

and Angel Ventura.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

You really think Ventura gets taken in the Rule 5 draft and sticks on a big league roster? I guess it is possible, but personally I doubt it.

I'd toss him onto the Brevard rotation, with Sneed going to Biloxi. I'm guessing they also stick with the upside guys in the rotation at Biloxi, meaning Wang, Woodruff and Houser join Ortega and Sneed with Salas long relief in Biloxi and Hirsch long relief at Brevard.

At Wisconsin, I'd say Burkhalter (someone from that Wisconsin group is probably going to repeat), Diplan, Diaz, Yamamoto and Hanhold are probably the most likely tandem guys, with 2015 draft picks and the former DSL guys who weren't ready for A ball this year filling the remaining spots.

Those rotations look so much better than they did three years ago. I'm really excited by Kirby and Lopez. And I'm hoping Thornburg gets a legit shot at the rotation. He's been jerked around like no other. And please no FA signings. We have enough in house options to fill that spot. My ideal mlb rotation is Garza Peralta Nelson Jungmann and Thornburg with Cravy Wagner and Lopez as the first three backup options.

Assuming those projections are fairly close to accurate, and from what I've read & seen they seem to be, you'd have to say the strongest crop will be at Brevard County. Medeiros, Devin Williams, Kirby, and Ponce are a nice young core rotation to work from (not to mention Diplan & Diaz coming up behind them). It'd be nice to see the Brewers add to that group if/when they trade mlb pieces like Lucroy, Braun, Segura, etc... If we could land someone's 2014 1st round SP talent or comparable talent & mlb eta to the Brevard Co mix, I'd be really happy.

Also, like the chances of one or two of the Lopez, Davies, Wagner, Hader, Houser mix or even Jungmann or Nelson maturing into serviceable mid-rotation arms.

Like others have said, this is a better group from top to bottom than in years past. We're still missing that one singular talent who projects as a future Ace, though. There's no Giolito, Glasnow, or Urias types. Hopefully, that missing link is added via trade, or with a top 3 pick in the 2016 draft.

Archived