Brewer Fanatic

Are we done trading?

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS 6m6 minutes ago New York, USA

teams are on adam lind but brewers not that motivated to move. has option for next year.

I think the best way to read this is that they're not getting fair value offers due to his recent back flare-up and think there may be more of a market for him in November/December. You don't trade Gomez and Fiers and then say you're keeping Lind to play him in 2016 when you've clearly punted on 2016 already....

You still have to sell tickets, and therefore put a major league team on the field even if it's one that doesn't appear to be a contender. Stranger things have happened. The payroll has been cut significantly. I expect them not only to keep Lind but also add a lower end FA veteran or two, not so much to contend but to prevent a deep slide to utter oblivion and have some talent around the young guys as they start coming up. Lind's option is fairly modest, and the system is now pretty well stocked. If Lind has a start like this year, he'll have value at next year's deadline. We'll see a better major league roster to start next season than they are able to put out now and they can do it without sacrificing any gems in their system. They owe that much to the fans who buy tickets.

C.J. Wilson is done for the year and A.J. Burnett to the DL with elbow issues. I don't want to see any career-ending injuries, but if a few more starters go on the DL (hopefully with just pulled hammies or intercostal strains) maybe, just maybe, there will be a market for Lohse.

I expect Cotts to get moved, but I doubt Lind and Garza make it through waivers. Other than that, maybe Herrera because of the value we've seen with positional flexibility, if he can get hot with some regular playing time.

Archived