Brewer Fanatic

Are we done trading?

Having moved our top 4 sought after players at this point, are the Brewers done making moves today? I realize there could still be August waiver trades as well.

Cotts would really be the only pending FA left that teams MIGHT want. Lind maybe too, but I haven't seen much about him and I'd imagine we just exercise his option for next year. Same thing with K-Rod.

It's hard to imagine anyone wanting Lohse or Broxton - even for free.

Thoughts?

Cotts might be an August guy. Brewers aren't getting much back no matter where he lands.

I'm hopeful something happens with Lind. It's been quiet on KROD, Segura, Lucroy, and everyone else, so I suspect nothing will happen with them. Then again, the Brewers always seem to make things happen without much warning.

Something crazy... would we be able to get someone like Tyson Ross for Jean Segura and Tyrone Taylor? We're all still searching for the young pitcher who could be a top of the rotation type. We have depth at SS and OF with our new acquisitions.

I know fans have soured on Segura here, but I think SD is desperate for a SS, hell they're even looking at Starlin.

Trading KRod is practically Brewers' tradition, so I have to believe that's going to happen today.

Lind is a player who doesn't have to be moved today, but I'd love to see Jason Rogers get a chance to play everyday....and the organization clearly doesn't see him as a 3b option.

A bad week probably tamps down enthusiasm for Will Smith enough to keep him in Milwaukee for another year.

I think Lohse first gets moved in August, if a team in the hunt suffers an injury to the rotation, and isn't looking for a guy who'll eat some innings & not make the postseason roster....and if he pitches like a guy who can at least keep his team close through 6 innings. Neither he nor Cotts is going to bring in much more than the old "plus arm, high ceiling" A-ball fringe prospect, but it still makes sense to flip them.

Cotts, Lind, Lohse, Garza......those are the guys I'd love to see traded. In reality, I think the time is up.

Lind won't be traded as he will not pass a teams medical examination. The team acquiring him would have to be OK with his back.

Lohse will be an August waiver type deal as I don't think any team will claim him on waivers.

Cotts is probably the most likely of the players you listed to be traded today or in August.

Garza will probably be traded in the off season or during next years deadline. I wouldn't be surprised to see Garza flipped to the Dodgers for either Ethier or Crawford with a prospect coming back with Crawford.

Cotts, Lind, Lohse, Garza......those are the guys I'd love to see traded. In reality, I think the time is up.

Lind won't be traded as he will not pass a teams medical examination. The team acquiring him would have to be OK with his back.

Lohse will be an August waiver type deal as I don't think any team will claim him on waivers.

Cotts is probably the most likely of the players you listed to be traded today or in August.

Garza will probably be traded in the off season or during next years deadline. I wouldn't be surprised to see Garza flipped to the Dodgers for either Ethier or Crawford with a prospect coming back with Crawford.

I know.....but I'm hopeful that someone may be that desperate to take them on.

Lind won't be traded as he will not pass a teams medical examination.
Won't is probably strong. If there's nothing structurally different with his back now than when the Brewers traded for him, it would be a matter of opinion of the acquiring team's medical staff. Clearly the Brewers' staff, which is pretty highly regarded, thought he was worth the risk. His back negates his value, but does not make him untradeable.

Looks like AZ is going after Chapman along with a few other teams. Any chance of AZ does not get him that they would be interested in K-Rod? Would it be possible to get someone like Aaron Blair in return, or am I dreaming?

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Lind won't be traded as he will not pass a teams medical examination.
Won't is probably strong. If there's nothing structurally different with his back now than when the Brewers traded for him, it would be a matter of opinion of the acquiring team's medical staff. Clearly the Brewers' staff, which is pretty highly regarded, thought he was worth the risk. His back negates his value, but does not make him untradeable.

I just don't see a team taking the risk of him being injured at any point for the rest of this year. Yes they will have him for next year also but the team acquiring him if it is a team competing this year would rather trade for someone who would be more likely to be healthy.

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS 6m6 minutes ago New York, USA

teams are on adam lind but brewers not that motivated to move. has option for next year.

So dumb....we aren't going to be good next season.....go get Reed

teams are on adam lind but brewers not that motivated to move. has option for next year.

I think the best way to read this is that they're not getting fair value offers due to his recent back flare-up and think there may be more of a market for him in November/December. You don't trade Gomez and Fiers and then say you're keeping Lind to play him in 2016 when you've clearly punted on 2016 already....

Counting the offseason I don't see us being done by a long shot. Between the last 2 drafts and this deadline we are operating in a very different frame of mind then the last half dozen years or so. That said I think it is still very fluid in terms of what kinds of things are coming down the pipeline. I want to see how these younger guys play for a couple of months, and look for opportunities from there.

So dumb....we aren't going to be good next season.....go get Reed

Isn't that Melvin speak meaning that a trade is imminent? He seemingly does this almost every time before a trade.

Just because teams are "on" Adam Lind doesn't mean they are offering a fair or reasonable return for him. If they are offering peanuts for him, then wait. Remember, "not motivated" is DM-speak for "they haven't offered enough".

Archived