Brewer Fanatic

How long before Braun moves to 1B?

ebmackenzie
DeRosa on MLB network sure had some moments this afternoon where I thought he was on the Brewer.net payroll I think he mentioned Braun, Lucroy, Krod, and Lind wondering why other teams weren't tripping over themselves to add these guys. It was kind of surreal and worth my cable bill for the month.

We had the "Braun to 1B" discussion last winter, and someone came up with a really convincing reason not to move him. Danged if I remember what it was. :)

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

We had the "Braun to 1B" discussion last winter, and someone came up with a really convincing reason not to move him. Danged if I remember what it was. :)

.895 Fielding Percentage at 3B?

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Given how Santana has played at AAA, Braun to 1b next year makes a lot of sense. I advocated that move before last year. Now I think it all comes down to their evaluation of Santana. He's about to turn 23. Next year looks like a developmental season. They'll hopefully be breaking in Phillips in 2017. That all says to me that Braun should be at 1b next year.

It makes more sense to trade Khris Davis this off-season and put Santana in left. Davis will have 2016 cheap, and three arby years.

Think about it... what would a team be willing to pay for a hitter who can deliver a lot of power, and comes cheap/under club control for FOUR YEARS?

It makes more sense to trade Davis, put Braun back in left, and put Santana in right. I think his arm is stronger than Braun's, and Braun was a pretty decent left fielder while he was there.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Braun use to post a recent years average wRC+ in the 170s vs LHP 2-3 years ago. Now that average is in the 140s. His wRC+ average vs RHP use to be in the 130s, now it's in the 110s. I think we all know why he's declined. Moving him to 1b, will put him as a league average bat. I'm not saying that they shouldn't move him to 1b; he'd still be an upgrade over what we have there now; I'm just highlighting how far he's fallen off from the 2011 MVP we all knew & loved.

Given how Santana has played at AAA, Braun to 1b next year makes a lot of sense. I advocated that move before last year. Now I think it all comes down to their evaluation of Santana. He's about to turn 23. Next year looks like a developmental season. They'll hopefully be breaking in Phillips in 2017. That all says to me that Braun should be at 1b next year.

It makes more sense to trade Khris Davis this off-season and put Santana in left. Davis will have 2016 cheap, and three arby years.

Think about it... what would a team be willing to pay for a hitter who can deliver a lot of power, and comes cheap/under club control for FOUR YEARS?

It makes more sense to trade Davis, put Braun back in left, and put Santana in right. I think his arm is stronger than Braun's, and Braun was a pretty decent left fielder while he was there.

The four years of club control - one of which will be close to league minimum - ought to fetch a nice return.

You just gotta make fetch happen sometimes...

Archived