Brewer Fanatic

2015-07-31 Cubs (Hammel) at Brewers (Jungmann), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-1]

1992casey

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/cubs.png[/logo][game-info][h1]July 31 | 7:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Cubs (54-47)

Brewers (44-59)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/brewers.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]cubs-2015_hammel-jason1.jpgbrewers-2015_jungmann-taylor8.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]Jason Hammel[/pitcher][h2]5-5, 3.20 ERA, 1.02 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Aside from an injury shortened outing, Hammel had the shortest start of the season Sunday when he allowed six runs in 3 innings. He’s gone eight games without earning a win, but he has allowed more than two runs in two games in that span.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]Taylor Jungmann[/pitcher][h2]5-2, 2.14 ERA, 1.05 WHIP[/h2][h3]Game Log[/h3][h3]Jungmann had won three straight starts before losing to the D’Backs on Saturday in an outing doomed by a two run, 33 pitch first inning. He has a 159 ERA in three starts at home and will face the Cubs for the first time.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. CF Dexter Fowler (S)
  2. C Kyle Schwarber (L)
  3. LF Chris Coghlan (L)
  4. 1B Anthony Rizzo (L)
  5. 3B Kris Bryant ®
  6. RF Jorge Soler ®
  7. SS Starlin Castro ®
  8. RHP Jason Hammel ®
  9. 2B Addison Russell ®

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. 2B Scooter Gennett (L)
  2. C Jonathan Lucroy ®
  3. RF Ryan Braun ®
  4. 1B Adam Lind (L)
  5. LF Khris Davis ®
  6. CF Shane Peterson (L)
  7. SS Jean Segura ®
  8. 3B Elián Herrera (S)
  9. RHP Taylor Jungmann ®

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

The lineup could be very amusing for tonight's game.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Verified Member

Nice - now we get to watch bench players for the remainder of the season. This reminds me of what happened in '97 when we traded Vaughn and others to San Diego. Why do folks love higher probabilities of losing? I'd rather run out a decent team win or lose. Now with line-ups like this one going forward all I can know is dread.

Oh yeah, I will still force myself to watch tonight as I am not a fair-weather fan. Good luck Crew.

I'd rather run out a decent team win or lose. Now with line-ups like this one going forward all I can know is dread. .

I don't understand this. Tonight's lineup is not a lot different than the opening day lineup with the exception of two players. This is not even the worst line up we have seen this year with all the injuries that have happened.

I doubt many are watching, but this is a frustrating game to watch. Virtually none of the Cubs hits have been hit hard. They just keep being a foot out of reach, or falling in the right spot. They've even hit groundballs that we couldn't turn two on a few times because they weren't hit well enough. Just the way the game goes sometimes I guess.

I don't know why they didn't send him. I feel like he could have scored pretty easily. I had zero faith in Lucroy driving him in.

And then a two base error and a broke bat flare lead to another run. I shouldn't be upset, I'm actually ok with us losing and getting a higher pick. But it's frustrating to watch.

baseball stats scenario question:

Jungmann leaves game after 5 2/3 with a runner on first. There was a fielding error during the inning. The error was from a previous batter. The runner on first singled. If that runner scores, is Jungmann charged with the run??

I thought pitcher is off the hook if there are two outs and there was an error in the inning. "BA" said he is on the hook for the run and that's what got me wondering if my understanding is wrong.

Addison Russell singled off Jungmann with two out. Had he scored, the run should be unearned.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

It's going to be painful for a while, guys. Just keep thinking about the future. That's what I'm focusing on. That, and a new franchise home run leader soon. That's one thing to look forward to, I guess.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

This is been a really slow game. And Peterson can't catch a ball.

But he's hitting. Second hit tonight. If rather watch him at the plate than Segura or heck, even Lucroy at this point.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived