Brewer Fanatic

Schafer & Thornburg recalled; Herrera's contract purchased; Preston Guilmet claimed from Dodgers and added to roster

1992casey
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Logan Schafer:me :: Toby Flenderson:Michael Scott.

Dude! Where have you been???

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Dude! Where have you been???

When they brought Betancourt back as a 1B, I became convinced that the team lacked any sense of direction and was making moves specifically aimed at driving me away. I cancelled my mlb.tv account after the 2013 season and haven't renewed.

Now, the wound is mostly healed, but we had a kid last year, so my free time evaporated. I do lurk here quite a bit any time something significant goes down.

I'd like to see Logan get a look. I was more a Komatsu fan in the minors, but he's long gone. Logan hasn't had a chance to play much. His D looks great, but people judge him based on sporadic pinch hit opportunities. It's not like he was a top prospect. I'd like to see what he can show. Some walks and HR with great D (his MO) sound fine with me

That just isn't true. He got 337 PAs in 2013 in 134 games. It would be great if he turned into Brady Clark as a guy who puts it together during ages 29-31. It is just rather unlikely.

Most relevant are Schafer's poor AAA numbers. He fits better in AA than in the Majors. He was a poor hitter the day they drafted him, and predictably that's never changed.

It disappoints me the Brewers didn't acquire some AAA player and give him his shot for the remainder of the year.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

I'd like to see Logan get a look. I was more a Komatsu fan in the minors, but he's long gone. Logan hasn't had a chance to play much. His D looks great, but people judge him based on sporadic pinch hit opportunities. It's not like he was a top prospect. I'd like to see what he can show. Some walks and HR with great D (his MO) sound fine with me

That just isn't true. He got 337 PAs in 2013 in 134 games. It would be great if he turned into Brady Clark as a guy who puts it together during ages 29-31. It is just rather unlikely.

Most relevant are Schafer's poor AAA numbers. He fits better in AA than in the Majors. He was a poor hitter the day they drafted him, and predictably that's never changed.

It disappoints me the Brewers didn't acquire some AAA player and give him his shot for the remainder of the year.

He's never not looked overmatched. Never has shown any comfort at the MLB level. This better be his last stint as a Brewer because it's getting a little ridiculous.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

That can still happen. However, if Logan is given a shot for the rest of the year, maybe the team will learn once and for all that he isn't an option moving forward.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

That can still happen. However, if Logan is given a shot for the rest of the year, maybe the team will learn once and for all that he isn't an option moving forward.

And it puts the Brewers in a better position for the 2016 draft.

Archived