Brewer Fanatic

Parra to Orioles for Zach Davies

billymac

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So Davies more or less replaces Fiers?

That's probably a fair statement, though his change is better than Fiers' curve.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Parra still in lineup, but this posted on twitter, he nailed the Astros trade

MLB Daily Dish ‏@mlbdailydish 57s58 seconds ago

Congrats to our @LookoutLanding for being first to break the return going to the Brewers in the Gomez deal.

Parra still in lineup, but this posted on twitter, he nailed the Astros trade

MLB Daily Dish ‏@mlbdailydish 57s58 seconds ago

Congrats to our @LookoutLanding for being first to break the return going to the Brewers in the Gomez deal.

Lookout Landing is a fairly famous Mariner's blog. Jeff Sullivan from fangraphs founded it I think (or at least did a bunch of work to make it famous).

Minor league guys - how is Davies? Fair value for basically Haniger?

If I am not mistaken Haniger looks like a 4th OF at best at this point. Anthony Banda the other guy in the deal might have the better shot to have an impact

Rosenthal is saying that Davies isn't enough...Chance Sisco?

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 41s41 seconds ago

Regarding #Orioles, Parra: Doubtful that offer of Davies would be enough. #Brewers setting high price on Parra; top 10 in NL in BA, SLG.

This topic probably belongs in the rumors forum at this point. But with the way things can quickly change, I'll leave it here for the time being.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

RHP Zach Davies and 3B Jomar Reyes or C Chance Sisco

Sisco would be a very nice piece. A good looking catcher to be in the mix to replace Lucroy.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Saw Davies was their #3 prospect and just about died from laughing. That is just pathetic...poor Orioles.

Agreed. Nick Delmonico was their #4 when we traded k-rod and didn't amount to much of anything

Saw Davies was their #3 prospect and just about died from laughing. That is just pathetic...poor Orioles.

Nick Delmonico was their #4 when we traded k-rod and didn't amount to much of anything

Their system is a bit better now though I would argue. Delmonico, as far as I can recall was never a fringe top 100 prospect. Not saying Davies is light years better ... but I think the ceilings are a bit different.

Archived