Brewer Fanatic

Gomez and Fiers to Houston for four prospects

trwi7
  • Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Needless to say, this team needed has desperately needed a good restocking of the minor-league system for a while. I don't keep up with this stuff as much as I used to, but this seems like a good haul, with Phillips, Santana, and Hader looking like guys to follow throughout the rest of the year.

I always liked Fiers and Gomez. Hopefully they get a chance to make a playoff splash this season.

Domingo Santana has played a little CF in the minors. Can he play there for the Brewers now at least until Phillips is ready?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

Is this correct? Per baseball america they are ranked:

5. Brett Phillips

8. Josh Hader

10. Domingo Santana

So we got 3 of their top 10?

http://www.baseballamerica.com/majors/2015-organization-talent-rankings/

It was different for the Mid season top 10:

1. Brett Phillips, cf

2. Mark Appel, rhp

3. Michael Feliz, rhp

4. A.J. Reed, 1b

5. Francis Martes, rhp

6. Derek Fisher, of

7. Joe Musgrove, rhp

8. Josh Hader, lhp

9. Jacob Nottingham, c

10. Tony Kemp, if/of

I would have preferred Feliz as I said earlier, just from a pitching evaluation standpoint, but I like the fact that suddenly we have quite a few LHP options in the minors, something I've been whining about for years.

BTW, Kirby will make his debut for the T-Rats in the next week.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

I am sad about Fiers leaving; I guess the great start by Junngmann made Doug think he could spare one of the younger starters

Fiers is 30. He may be young in terms of service time but he's not young for a baseball player. It made sense to trade him now because we're not going to be competing when he leaves his prime.

Wow. I'm surprised at this. I didn't think the Astros would have interest in TEHFIERS, but it's cool. As long as they didn't give up A.J. Reed, that's good. Hader's come on of late and Phillips and Santana can play. Good start to the rebuild. Hopefully there's more to come. Now to read the Astros boards.....

Well, this just brightened up my day just a bit after walking home a good quarter mile because my bike broke (luckily it was just a minor thing). Funny thing is all these trades have happened when I've been gone. Maybe I should go on a walk for a good hour. Perhaps Parra gets traded then.

Well, this just brightened up my day just a bit after walking home a good quarter mile because my bike broke (luckily it was just a minor thing). Funny thing is all these trades have happened when I've been gone. Maybe I should go on a walk for a good hour. Perhaps Parra gets traded then.

It appears he may have already.

Might see Santana right away with Parra being traded. Will be a thin outfield.

Brewers can start going to the scrap heap to get DFAs and such to finish the year, I hope.

Last year when Santana came up for a cup of coffee, he was turrible. This year, he looked much better. I'd say leave him in AAA and pencil him in for next year.

Archived