Brewer Fanatic

24 Hours Remain

In a pretty bad spot, from the looks of it. The Gomez "deal" was a disaster, no matter who was at fault. We still have Parra for some inexplicable reason. We didn't flip Lind to St. Louis despite reports everywhere that they wanted him, and the Cards ended up overpaying for Moss. K-Rod and Cotts are still here, even though they were hot commodities, supposedly. I know we still have 24 hours, but we have to face the facts that there are only so many buyers, and it seems like a lot of those have done their shopping already. :(

DM seems to have overplayed his hand. A lot of teams wanted him and we held out and they went and bought elsewhere. It's hard envisioning too many teams that we can still even trade him too, not to mention actually get a fair return for him.

I can't blame him too much on Gomez and Lind as he can trade them later. But the others - Parra and Cotts specifically, should have been moved a long time ago. And to make it worse, Parra is starting tonight. Yeah that makes sense. Let's risk him getting hurt on the even of the deadline.

Exactly, last night it sounded like the Indians were going to come after Carlos Gomez, but I haven't heard anything about that today. The Yankees need pitching, especially now with Pineda going to the DL, but they can go after Leake, Ross, Shields, Cashner...who can we offer them? Lohse? Garza? Those two pitched their way off of anyone's shopping list a long time ago.

If this were one of those years where there weren't many deals to be done due to a lack of buyers, I wouldn't be so disappointed in the Brewers front office. But that clearly isn't the case, I can't recall a deadline with this much action and it seems like it has just completely passed Melvin by. Maybe he can surprise us and pull something off yet, but honestly, do any of us really have a lot of faith in that happening?

Fiers and Parra to Toronto? They've had interest in Fiers for awhile now. And Parra could certainly play LF.

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal · 11s12 seconds ago

If #BlueJays make another move, preference would be another starter. At some point could also consider left field.

Parra is probably starting because there are no deals to be made for him. Maybe, just maybe, there is not one deal in the making that includes Parra, so they figure they might as well just play him.

Looks like we may have played our hand too long when it comes to Lind, Parra, Cotts and K-Rod...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Parra will be traded by tomorrow. Everything suggests he will be gone by tomorrow with plenty of suitors, as most everyone needs a bat. Cotts should be gone as well.

I have a feeling Lind isnt going anywhere. If Kaminsky didnt get them to do something, Im not sure what would.

KRod is a little more tricky to trade.

The key here is Gomez and what teams think of the Mets "concerns".

Not sure why the brewers are in a "bad spot." They have 1 day before the first trade deadline, but plenty of moves will occur in August. Lind and Gomez might have peak value now, but Parra and Broxton could be dealt anytime with limited return due to their lack of 2016 contract

Parra will be traded by tomorrow. Everything suggests he will be gone by tomorrow with plenty of suitors, as most everyone needs a bat. Cotts should be gone as well.

I have a feeling Lind isnt going anywhere. If Kaminsky didnt get them to do something, Im not sure what would.

And where is it that shows the Brewers were offered Kaminsky?

And where is it that shows the Brewers were offered Kaminsky?

I didnt see anything, but if he was offered for Moss, I can't imagine that same asset wouldn't be on the table for Lind?

I think I would move Parra for pretty much anything at this point (since he is unlikely to re-sign), but I don't see the great advantage in moving Lind since he is a decent player and affordable.

You don't blow up a team just for the sake of blowing it up. If you don't get appropriate value, there is no need to panic.

I think I would move Parra for pretty much anything at this point (since he is unlikely to re-sign), but I don't see the great advantage in moving Lind since he is a decent player and affordable.

You don't blow up a team just for the sake of blowing it up. If you don't get appropriate value, there is no need to panic.

I agree I would not just give him away, but I'd put the chances at Lind being hurt/not performing as well next deadline at 75%.

Would be excited if we can snag Trey Michalczewski from the palehose for Parra.

Also, I'd love to flip Lind for Francis Martes and Micheal Feliz.

But I agree with the general sentiment shared that The Moustached Man in Charge overplayed his hand severely.

I have NEVER been more happy to be wrong than I am right now, looks like we got a pretty decent haul of prospects back from the Stros, and we still have Parra, Lind, Cotts, K-Rod to deal tomorrow if we want to. Good job by Melvin today. Man, I am glad to be able to type that, lol.

And oh, suck it Mets.

This could end up being a really, REALLY good 24 hour period for the Brewers future. A lot of reports right now that Brewers/Orioles are talking Parra for Zach Davies ... if we can steal a fringe top 100 prospect player (#3 in the Orioles system) for Parra ... what a great haul of prospects today would be. Of course this is all speculation at this point.

Still yet, as someone mentioned just above ... we have a few more deals we can make tomorrow and hopefully fatten up the farm system even more.

Going to miss GoGo. Love the haul though.

Archived