Brewer Fanatic

David Price to the Blue Jays

And That

The Jays have completely unloaded the top of their farm system for 2 players and Price is a rental. If they don't make the WS was it worth it?

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

The Jays have completely unloaded the top of their farm system for 2 players and Price is a rental. If they don't make the WS was it worth it?

Not only that, it's probably just for the Wild Card, and they're 2 games out on that one.

We'll see. They seem to think they have 1 more year of a window after this one as Bautista/Encarnacion age and have 1 year left on their deals, but Price likely won't be around.

Man is Anthopoulos a boob. Always has been.

Nice of him to completely gut their farm system in a desperate attempt to keep his job.

I doubt he's doing this to "keep his job" considering the owner is the one that has a major hand in firing him as well as must OK the team adding $75 million in future payroll (factoring in that Reyes is gone).

Well, there goes the chance to trade Fiers to the Jays. Glad that Melvin held out to the last minute to make sure he got the best deal.

One thing that's for sure with this trading season is that the belief that teams will not trade top pitching prospects should be shot out of the water. It's just too bad that with all of this talent changing hands, the Brewers have not been able to capitalize at all.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Nice of him to completely gut their farm system in a desperate attempt to keep his job.

I doubt he's doing this to "keep his job" considering the owner is the one that has a major hand in firing him as well as must OK the team adding $75 million in future payroll (factoring in that Reyes is gone).

You do? Ok.

He's traded everything that isn't nailed down in an attempt to make the playoffs. And almost certainly the 1 game playoff. Yeah, the owner had to sign off, but Anthopolous came up with this garbage.

One of the more ridiculous trade deadlines I can recall for a team that wasn't and isnt a contender. Their pitching still stinks.

You do? Ok.

He's traded everything that isn't nailed down in an attempt to make the playoffs. And almost certainly the 1 game playoff. Yeah, the owner had to sign off, but Anthopolous came up with this garbage.

One of the more ridiculous trade deadlines I can recall for a team that wasn't and isnt a contender. Their pitching still stinks.

I agree with your lower paragraph.

If a team that generally doesn't spend that much money adds $75+ million in payroll, that probably has something to do with the owner. In which case, if the owner said "go and get it done this year at any cost" - he did pretty well IMO.

If Anthopolous honestly went to the owner and desperately said, "here is a list of trades" and the owner signed off, knowing that this was Alex's last chance to save his job, then the owner is an idiot and Anthopolous is one heck of a salesman, convincing the owner to light his ship on fire before throwing Alex off.

It just occurred to me that the Jays have traded more potential impact pitching in the last 3 years than the Brewers have ever had... Syndergaard, Nicolino, Hoffman, and Norris. That bothers me and I hope like hell they don't make the playoffs.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Wow can't recall the last time I saw a team really go ''all-in'' the way the Blue Jays have. There ain't jack [expletive deleted by moderator] left in their farm system. This is either a brilliant all out high risk attempt at a title or the dumbest thing ever done. Either way this is fun. The Blue Jays usually don't contend and it's nice seeing a different team make a run. No one wanted to see the Yankees win the division anyways.

It just occurred to me that the Jays have traded more potential impact pitching in the last 3 years than the Brewers have ever had... Syndergaard, Nicolino, Hoffman, and Norris. That bothers me and I hope like hell they don't make the playoffs.

I feel the opposite. I would like to see Toronto make the playoffs, but not for the sake of their front office at all.

My reason is the Toronto fans. It would have to be devastating for their hardcore fans to see the GM trade away their farm system and get nothing out of it. Those fans would be sick to their stomachs for quite a while. I should would.

Archived