Brewer Fanatic

Brandon Moss to Cardinals for Rob Kaminsky

And That

Again, positional flexibility. Moss can play OF and 1B, both needs for the Cardinals. Lind cannot, Parra maybe but hasn't in a game.

On a side note, I'd like to see Nick Ramirez go to the AFL with an OF glove.

Kaminsky seems like a pretty decent return for Moss. I wouldn't mind if the Brewers received somebody like him in return for Lind. A 20 year old lefty in A+, pitching well and doesn't have to be added to the 40 man.

Maybe he was in play for Lind, but the Cards decided to take the lesser player (Moss) out of concern for having Kaminsky bite them in the butt down the road. However, if the Cards offerend Kaminsky for Lind and Melvin turned that down and that's why they shifted focus to Moss, I would have a problem with that.

I'm still holding out hope that they see Moss as a Holliday replacement in the OF and still want Lind at 1B.

Gruber Lawffices

Maybe he was in play for Lind, but the Cards decided to take the lesser player (Moss) out of concern for having Kaminsky bite them in the butt down the road. However, if the Cards offerend Kaminsky for Lind and Melvin turned that down and that's why they shifted focus to Moss, I would have a problem with that.

I'm still holding out hope that they see Moss as a Holliday replacement in the OF and still want Lind at 1B.

It wouldn't have been a bad return... I liked Kaminsky.

Hmmm... could the Indians still want Gomez?

Maybe we get Kaminsky in a deal with CLE for Gomez.

That's possible. I just don't understand why they would go after Moss with that offer rather than Lind, unless Melvin wanted more.

I can't take much more of this!

http://blogs.hardingf.am/amanda/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/ronburgundy.jpg

Gruber Lawffices

The moss deal seems more like a panic move by the cards following holiday going down...I would much rather have Lind at 1st or Parra in lf than moss at either position.

Melvin needs to move some pieces today, unfortunately the market is now being flooded from teams once thought to be contenders who are open to selling better talent than the brewers have available.

The moss deal seems more like a panic move by the cards following holiday going down...I would much rather have Lind at 1st or Parra in lf than moss at either position.

Melvin needs to move some pieces today, unfortunately the market is now being flooded from teams once thought to be contenders who are open to selling better talent than the brewers have available.

Remember when Melvin's theory was to strike early before the market was set? I remember he did that with Damian Miller signing and he got him for what was a relative bargain that off season.

Maybe the Brewers should pull a Texas/Cleveland and add players. Im not serious, but thats probably where the value will be in the next 36 hours.

Remember when Melvin's theory was to strike early before the market was set? I remember he did that with Damian Miller signing and he got him for what was a relative bargain that off season.

Maybe the Brewers should pull a Texas/Cleveland and add players. Im not serious, but thats probably where the value will be in the next 36 hours.

No... mortgaging the future is not a good idea at this point. I'd rather muddle at .500, and wait for the offseason to make some deals.

A bad deal is worse than standing pat.

Moss kind of sucks; if he is Cardinals solution to their 1B and OF problems I would be pissed as a Cardinals fan

Isnt he LH version of Mark Reynolds? What is he hitting about .210 with 15 HRs this year?

This year - yes (mostly).

Three year outlook - no. He OPSed over .800 several times in a tough hitter's park of Oakland. He's very strong against RHP, but this year he has been really down. Reynolds couldn't hit .700 at all.

Verified Member

Hard to be a Brewers fan sometimes. Looking increasingly likely that we are going to end up with bupkis from this "rebuilding" trade deadline. Maybe Parra will bring back some underwhelming arm like Barrios, but nothing worth getting excited about.

Lind is vastly superior to Moss, and I would have been thrilled with Kaminsky. I hated the Gomez return but now it seems utopian.

Instead we're going to end up with nothing, aren't we...

Hard to be a Brewers fan sometimes. Looking increasingly likely that we are going to end up with bupkis from this "rebuilding" trade deadline. Maybe Parra will bring back some underwhelming arm like Barrios, but nothing worth getting excited about.

Lind is vastly superior to Moss, and I would have been thrilled with Kaminsky. I hated the Gomez return but now it seems utopian.

The baseball gods are punishing you for complainingn so much. :P

If the Cards are out of the running for Lind, then who next? Pirates? Astros?

There are still two days left and unless Gomez is REALLY hurt (and he hasnt missed a game since late June), they pretty much need to trade him at some point.

The good news is if Moss can bring back an arm like Kaminsky, the price for Lind and especially Parra just went up.

Archived