Brewer Fanatic

Cardinals new TV contract

Patrick425

I understand that several very expensive stadiums have been built with the assumption that teams will keep 100% of their media revenue. But at least half of all media revenue should go to the league to be divided up evenly among teams.

Anybody know what the TV deal looks like for the Brewers? Sounds like the Cards deal is going to increase their annual TV revenue from $35 mil/year to $60 mil almost immediately, and then rocket north of $100 mil. Low end estimates are that the deal is worth $1 Bil over 15 years, other estimates said the "low end" was $1.5 Bil over 15 years with a chance to be worth much more.

Hopefully one day all TV is carried over the internet, which I believe MLB ruled years ago would be subject to full revenue sharing.

Gruber Lawffices

Anybody know what the TV deal looks like for the Brewers? Sounds like the Cards deal is going to increase their annual TV revenue from $35 mil/year to $60 mil almost immediately, and then rocket north of $100 mil. Low end estimates are that the deal is worth $1 Bil over 15 years, other estimates said the "low end" was $1.5 Bil over 15 years with a chance to be worth much more.

Hopefully one day all TV is carried over the internet, which I believe MLB ruled years ago would be subject to full revenue sharing.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/200738381.html

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/dodgers-send-shock-waves-through-local-tv-landscape/

$12m per year (Some information suggests thus figure will rise to $30m before 2013 season).Expires after 2019 season

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

also, that fangraph post shows that the cardinals were getting $14 mil a year on the contract at the time through 2017... wow. talk about an explosion of money coming to them

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Archived