Brewer Fanatic

Gomez not traded/Flores cries/Alderson angry/Haudricourt confused/Melvin nonplussed/Gomez=Not Injured/Scott Boras MAD/Mets are lying liars

And That
  • Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Uh now Alderson is saying there is no trade.

he has to say that in case Wheeler medicals don;t please Milw.

Most GMs will just be mum on the subject...He just came out and flat out said it won't happen. There might be something to this.

Good point. Though Hardicourt still saying done deal....then again, the fact that Flores is still playing is odd.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I would trade Bernie for Mr. Met.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I am confused by the comparison of Wheeler to Fiers. Wheeler has had an ERA of 3.4 and 3.5 both seasons as a 23 and 24 year old. Fiers has a 3.9 ERA as a 30 year old. Wheeler was a top 15 prospect before getting to the majors and Fiers never was a top prospect. Wheeler is coming off an injury but his upside is the highest of any pitcher on this staff. Where are the similarities?

Flores looks a lot better when I see his minor league stats. He was rushed into the majors but has been consistently in the top 100 prospect range.

Verified Member

Just when I was starting to like the trade.

Now we are probably not even going to trade Gomez, or trade him for an even lesser return (if you're Melvin how do you ask for more than Wheeler/Flores type return at this point?)

:( :( :( :( :(

Now we are probably not even going to trade Gomez, or trade him for an even lesser return (if you're Melvin how do you ask for more than Wheeler/Flores type return at this point?)

Doug has been reading your posts, so he pulled Carlos back...

Doug has been reading your posts, so he pulled Carlos back...

:laughing :laughing :laughing

Wonder if Alderson was ticked about the trade getting leaked?
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Wonder if Alderson was ticked about the trade getting leaked?

That makes no sense at all.

My guess is that the Wheeler physicals looked bad, but who really knows at this point?

So they did a physical in 20 minutes?

Archived