Brewer Fanatic

Gomez not traded/Flores cries/Alderson angry/Haudricourt confused/Melvin nonplussed/Gomez=Not Injured/Scott Boras MAD/Mets are lying liars

And That
Verified Member

I'm softening a bit on Wilmer Flores, it seems like he has potential and could be an option at 2B/3B. Still think Wheeler is severely overrated due to his former prospect status though, and am not happy with the trade.

This would have been a great return for Segura, but for Gomez?

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In 2012 Wheeler was the number 11 prospect. He got to majors young and has been solid with an Era of 3.5 and about a strikeout per inning. Needs to get his walks down but people are acting like he is a low upside guy. He is not. I wanted a young prospect with these two so j am not overwhelmed by the trade but it is solid

From what I read Wheeler is not going to be ready to go until June or July 2016 so another year yet....great.

So what?

'zactly. They need 2-3 years of top-10 picks (if not top 5). Don't care if he's not ready for a year, don't care if Schafer is the CF for the rest of this year and next. Go for the draft position this year and next.

I'm softening a bit on Wilmer Flores, it seems like he has potential and could be an option at 2B/3B. Still think Wheeler is severely overrated due to his former prospect status though, and am not happy with the trade.

Segura is about as close to worthless as you can get at this point...he isn't good and teams know that.

You are severely overrating Jean Segura.

Verified Member
They have to do medicals on Wheeler's TJ arm, so I doubt this trade is formalized for a while still. That's probably why Flores is still in the game, I guess? (Still, you'd think they would pull him if there's an informal agreement)

I imagine Flores will stay in the whole game. Remember the Mets are trying to win a game. It would be weird if we kept Gomez in after a trade mid game...Flores not so much. Though that would be risky...so maybe deal isn't done?

Verified Member

You are severely overrating Jean Segura.

Nah, this return just isn't that special.

If the mets want Gomez badly and Flores is part of the trade, why risk leaving him in at this point? What if he gets hurt and the whole trade falls a part??? Why take that chance?

Hey don't ask me...ask the Mets. haha

This might be a trade that neither team got fleeced. Wilmer gives a cheap option at 3rd and Wheeler should be a viable option for sure by 2017. I hope this is a sign that the 'Crew is willing to take a bit of time to reboot for the 2017 championship season.

Assuming the return is Wheeler and Flores, and not some hot shot 19 year old in A ball, that indicates to me they aren't tossing in the towel for 2016 even given that Wheeler may not be back until June. But they have a lot of work to do to fortify the middle of their lineup, assuming Parra and perhaps Lind are elsewhere. Would they use the money saved on Gomez to extend Parra? Keeping Lind?

If you trade Gomez I think you have to go for broke and trade whatever other pieces you can. Parra, Segura, Krod, etc. CF is going to be a dumpster fire the rest of this year. Just bring up Taylor to make it a mildly interesting dumpster fire

Archived