Brewer Fanatic

Gomez not traded/Flores cries/Alderson angry/Haudricourt confused/Melvin nonplussed/Gomez=Not Injured/Scott Boras MAD/Mets are lying liars

And That

Let's pause for a moment to recognize the evolution of this thread's title. I went through all the pages as of just after noon CDT to make sure I had them all:

Carlos Gomez to the Mets

Carlos Gomez to the Mets for Zack Wheeler and Wilmer Flores

Carlos Gomez to the Mets for Zack Wheeler and Wilmer Flores (Latest: MAYBE NOT??? Mets GM says trade "not happening).

Carlos Gomez to the Mets for Zack Wheeler and Wilmer Flores (Latest: MAYBE NOT??? Mets GM says trade "not happening", see #185).

Carlos Gomez not traded to the Mets

Carlos Gomez not traded to the Mets Due to Reported Brewers' Medical Concerns (Wheeler)

Carlos Gomez not traded to the Mets Due to Reported Brewers' Medical Concerns (Wheeler)...or Due to Gomez' hip?

Gomez not traded/Flores cries/Alderson angry/Haudricourt confused/Melvin nonplussed/Wheeler MRI=Bad?/Gomez MRI=Bad!, Or Not?/And Scott Boras

Gomez not traded/Flores cries/Alderson angry/Haudricourt confused/Melvin nonplussed/Gomez=Not Injured/Scott Boras MAD/Mets are idiots

Gomez not traded/Flores cries/Alderson angry/Haudricourt confused/Melvin nonplussed/Gomez=Not Injured/Scott Boras MAD/Mets are lying liars

Magnificent work! and it's not necessarily over yet.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well we still have Parra / Lind / Gomez / K Rod / Cotts / etc on this team and a day and a half to make me happy and trade em all... Its gonna be depressing when we only trade one of em

The only two that I care about are Parra and Cotts. The others are under team control for another year or more. No need to trade them now for less than we could get if we traded them after the season.

You're right that this is a reason that I won't completely jump off the ship.

That said, it is very, very likely that the stock will only go down for Lind, Gomez, maybe Fiers, and K-Rod. Lucroy and Braun are hard to put a direction on. Lucroy's numbers should improve but if somebody believes he's just got bad numbers due to the early season injury but is ready to go, telling teams "he has 2 more affordable years left" is better than telling teams "he has 1 more affordable year left."

Lind - Could easily get hurt. He's hitting about as well as he can. You can try to get more value by telling teams they'll have him for an extra year.

Gomez - Numbers aren't great and injury situation is cloudy, but you can market the extra contract year.

Fiers - Pitching very well and has been erratic over his career. You don't want to just give him away, but every year the "X years of control left!" is X-1.

K-Rod - He's pitching well. Contract is so-so. I'll bet the brewers would pay for the deferred part, but his stock is pretty high, and you can still say that they won't have to deal with re-signing him.

Braun - Hard to say. His contract still looks bad but he's hitting pretty well. It's possible that in a year or two he falls off a cliff in production and still has a few expensive years left. Maybe you can eat a year or two (easier said than done) to get some value back for him.

Lucroy - See my comments in the paragraph earlier about him. His numbers aren't great, but saying "2 very affordable years!" is better than "1 affordable year left!" He could obviously get injured, too.

Of course, with all of these guys, you don't want to give them away. However, other than Braun/Luc as "not sure" - these guys' stock will never be higher in a Brewer uniform.

I don't think any of the player's we are talking about will have their stock rise or fall much in two months. All them have a long enough career to make a two month stretch pretty much irrelevant. AS far as the difference between trading now and the off season it isn't two years of control vs one. It is 1 1/2 years vs 1. While this season does matter to a contending team it doesn't to non contenders. Waiting for the off season allows more teams to get involved which should more than offset the two moths of team control.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

[sarcasm]I fully agree with the Met's concerns and can understand exactly why they can balk at that trade.[/sarcasm]

Just to show that we are good trade partners and that we can address all of their complaints, I propose that we trade Weaver/Flores for Geraldo Parra.

- Salary concerns are lessened.

- No Injury concerns.

Your welcome Mets.

Cheater's proof literally "raining" down on the Mets today. They had a 2 run lead with 2 outs in the 9th inning and then there was a rain delay (45 minutes I think). Came back and choked up 3 runs. Now losing 8-7 and in the middle of another rain delay. Ha!

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Cheater's proof literally "raining" down on the Mets today. They had a 2 run lead with 2 outs in the 9th inning and then there was a rain delay (45 minutes I think). Came back and choked up 3 runs. Now loosing 8-7 and in the middle of another rain delay. Ha!

Baseball karma?

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

What would make this story even better would be if Flores had committed an error to let the go ahead run score...but interestingly enough, he is not in the lineup today.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I don't have that much of an issue with Gomez and Lind playing - as at this point, it sure seems like we'll have them the rest of the year.

But Parra being in the lineup is just stupid. We simply have to trade him by tomorrow, even if we don't like the return. Why risk the chance of him getting hurt on the eve of the deadline??? Makes no sense at all.

What would make this story even better would be if Flores had committed an error to let the go ahead run score...but interestingly enough, he is not in the lineup today.

We'll find out tonight that he's been traded to someone else and that's the real reason why they pulled out of the Gomez trade.

"Don't force him to choose between Chris Smalling and Phil Jones. It's like asking someone to choose between which STD to contract!"

Cheater's proof literally "raining" down on the Mets today. They had a 2 run lead with 2 outs in the 9th inning and then there was a rain delay (45 minutes I think). Came back and choked up 3 runs. Now loosing 8-7 and in the middle of another rain delay. Ha!

Baseball karma?

Ball don't lie.

It's worth mentioning that historically Melvin's deals don't feature a lot of early leaks, no news may just mean he is working with teams that have tighter lips after yesterday.

Agreed. No one saw the trade that didn't happen last night coming

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Boras: "Milwaukee medical experts and reports were viewed as such by Texas doctors. Apparently a few New York doctors viewed the reports as 'cheesehead medicine.'"

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

This thread might be WOAH SOLVDD worthy.

Gomez not traded/Flores cries/Alderson angry/Haudricourt confused/Melvin nonplussed/Gomez=Not Injured/Scott Boras MAD/Mets are lying liars/FARM SISTEM WOAH SOLVDD!!1!

Archived