Brewer Fanatic

Gomez not traded/Flores cries/Alderson angry/Haudricourt confused/Melvin nonplussed/Gomez=Not Injured/Scott Boras MAD/Mets are lying liars

And That
It's not wheelers physical. Honestly, they have been talking for a couple weeks. Trade is announced and in 15 minutes Brewers font like his medicals? That makes zer sense. Zero.

You were saying? :)

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did they give Wheeler a physical in the two hours between when the trade was leaked and then nullified? I'm just curious how this all goes down? Do the mets ask a player to take a physical when they think they might trade him? I'd like to know all this stuff. That would be more interesting than the trade itself.

A composite poster earlier today: 'OMG, what are you doing DOUG... no trades! We've overplayed our hand! We need to trade Gomez, Lind, Lucroy, everybody! Don't say there are no offers! Get what you can and get pitching!'

Same poster at 8:00: 'OMG DOUG... how could you trade Gomez and not get more back?? I hate this deal.... we need more than 2 top 50 prospects for Gomez!!! He's under control for 1.5 more years- WHY TRADE HIM NOW?????'

Same poster at 10:30: 'OMG, how could this deal fall through??? I'm realizing that my irrational hatred of this deal was completely misplaced! MAKE IT HAPPEN DOUG!'

:(

That's like 70% of people on this forum about everything.

Did they give Wheeler a physical in the two hours between when the trade was leaked and then nullified? I'm just curious how this all goes down? Do the mets ask a player to take a physical when they think they might trade him? I'd like to know all this stuff. That would be more interesting than the trade itself.

It's possible we've had his medical records for a day or two and wanted our doctors to look them over. I'd imagine the MRI's and such with TJ surgery are pretty easy to read for a trained professional.

MLB network about to address the situation.

It would be funny if we rejected the Mets deal because of Wheeler's elbow, and end up trading Gomez to Cleveland for a package including Brady Aiken.

He has the worst TJS elbow there is...no way.

It would be halarious though.

Tom ‏@Haudricourt · 1m1 minute ago

Got this message from #Brewers GM Doug Melvin: "There is no trade happening. Trades are not completed until they are announced."

Thanks for the in depth reporting Tom. Really going out of your way to get the scoop.

A deal isn't done until announced. This could mean that they haven't finished the deal YET.

A deal with the Mets won't happen now. Sandy made that quite clear. Wheeler was the only guy of value they could really part with.

A deal isn't done until announced. This could mean that they haven't finished the deal YET.

I don't think the Mets GM would have been this adamant and seemingly angry if they were still working on it. He wouldn't have said anything if they were still working on it IMO. Anything is possible, but I don't see it at this point.

Seems unlikely that Alderson would backtrack from a Carlos Gomez trade "has not and will not conspire" comments. That seems pretty definite to me...

Verified Member
So if Mets are out of the running, which team do you guys want to see trading for Gomez?

Cardinals just lost Holliday so they could use him even more. Would love to get Alex Reyes OR Piscotty (if the Brewers think he can play 3B) and some of the Cardinals second-tier pitching prospects.

A deal with the Mets won't happen now. Sandy made that quite clear. Wheeler was the only guy of value they could really part with.

Part of the disappointment in his face might be knowing his best trade chip going forward is now tainted by a bad medical report. Sure he has arms galore to trade, but Wheeler was the guy he was dangling to other clubs.

At least this trade deadline is interesting.

Verified Member
I wonder if this was all just a mole hunt within one of the Front Offices. A strict "no-leak" policy was clearly breached by somebody and now they know. Heads will roll.

So if Mets are out of the running, which team do you guys want to see trading for Gomez?

Cardinals just lost Holliday so they could use him even more. Would love to get Alex Reyes OR Piscotty (if the Brewers think he can play 3B) and some of the Cardinals second-tier pitching prospects.

I think it just makes it more likely that the Cards trade for Lind. I think they'll put Piscotty in the OF.

Verified Member
I wonder if this was all just a mole hunt within one of the Front Offices. A strict "no-leak" policy was clearly breached by somebody and now they know. Heads will roll.

It's worth remembering that tonight all started out with reports that the Mets were close to trading for a "mystery bat" - I'm guessing the leak came from them, not Milwaukee.

A trade like like within the division would be extremely unlikely...nearly impossible.

Archived