Brewer Fanatic

Gomez not traded/Flores cries/Alderson angry/Haudricourt confused/Melvin nonplussed/Gomez=Not Injured/Scott Boras MAD/Mets are lying liars

And That
  • Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This just adds to the future conversation of how bad we were from 2015-2020. "we couldn't even trade our good players"
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Pulling Flores at the point they did made sense regardless of the trade or not. He was a mess at that point and would only be putting him in harms way having him bat. But the Brewers did inform Gomez of the trade, pending physicals, so they were pretty far down the rabbit hole. SA looks pretty silly here. Insert Frank Drebin "nothing to see here" GIF.

Fascinating that we will now be able to look over the next 5 years and see which combination of Wheeler/Flores vs whoever Gomez gets traded for turns out to be the better deal. As an Armchair GM I love it

Yes that could be interesting. Even worse if somehow Gomez never gets traded at the deadline or in the offseason.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
@AmericasPregame: Oh my god. This was up on the Brewers official website earlier.

(picture via & many thanks to @Dakota_Schmidt) http://t.co/FXX3NqAQ5E

http://m.mets.mlb.com/news/article/139574188/mets-acquire-carlos-gomez-from-brewers

Crap. they edited it. Like 5 minutes ago they had the same story on the Mets page.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Verified Member
Matt Ehalt ‏@MattEhalt 1m1 minute ago

Not sure if this is out there but The Record hears it was on the Brewers end that this deal fell through, not the Mets.

Seems strange that they would be able to review a complex medical record that quickly though.

@AmericasPregame: Oh my god. This was up on the Brewers official website earlier.

(picture via & many thanks to @Dakota_Schmidt) http://t.co/FXX3NqAQ5E

Not a big deal. Teams aren't in control of the articles posted on there for the most part. Even MLB accounts will announce these trades before official. MLB Facebook and Twitter both announced the Gomez deal.

Matt Ehalt ‏@MattEhalt 1m1 minute ago

Not sure if this is out there but The Record hears it was on the Brewers end that this deal fell through, not the Mets.

Seems strange that they would be able to review a complex medical record that quickly though.

Not if there was something extremely off. May have been something major.

Community Moderator
I have a feeling Wheeler still gets traded for a "bat" and I won't be the least bit surprised if he ends up becoming a very good front of the rotation pitcher. If the Brewers called off the trade hopefully they had a good reason to balk at it.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

Verified Member
Is it possible Doug got a better offer before everything was official and then made up an excuse to call it off?

Now this is an interesting thought! I'm never going to get any sleep though :laughing

Verified Member
Bart Hubbuch ‏@BartHubbuch 3m3 minutes ago

Sources: Alderson beside himself. Driving around downtown Milwaukee begging (thru texts) Gomez's family 4 address to Carlos' home.

Is it possible Doug got a better offer before everything was official and then made up an excuse to call it off?

There was the rumor that the Indians were very interested in Gomez. Perhaps they gave DM a last-minute call and one-upped the Mets?

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
CLIbrejWcAAy0MM.png:medium
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived