Brewer Fanatic

Gomez not traded/Flores cries/Alderson angry/Haudricourt confused/Melvin nonplussed/Gomez=Not Injured/Scott Boras MAD/Mets are lying liars

And That
  • Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Verified Member

Doug has been reading your posts, so he pulled Carlos back...

I'm fine with that, except now trade negotiations are permanently tainted because Doug tipped his hand about what he's willing to accept.

Doug has been reading your posts, so he pulled Carlos back...

I'm fine with that, except now trade negotiations are permanently tainted because Doug tipped his hand about what he's willing to accept.

Or some team knows what it's going to take and wants to beat that offer before someone else does.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Maybe Flores took a tumble down the ramp to the clubhouse after slipping on his own tears?

The REAL reason Wes Helms fell comes to light.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
The MLB trade deadline is fun.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Maybe Flores took a tumble down the ramp to the clubhouse after slipping on his own tears?

Did wes helms roll out the tarp?

"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Gotta be Wheeler's arm. terms agreed upon (pending physical as always), terms get leaked, and then Brewers don't like Wheeler's arm. Sorta makes sense, if it didn't all happen so quickly. Mets faxed over Wheeler's exam, Brewers said no in less than 2 hours and the Mets got mad and said the deal is dead and there never was one?

Or, while waiting on the exam the Brewers got a better offer?

I don't see any way Gomez gets traded til the offseason now, unless we accept a bunch A/A+ players, which I am actually in favor of. I feel like I'm in a bad dream and I'm a Cub fan right now.
Formerly Uecker Quit Usingers

Verified Member
So if the Brewers really did balk at the physicals, does this all but guarantee that Wheeler comes back at Cy Young form and this trade is brought up for years to come?

:laughing Both Flores and Wheeler are virtually guaranteed to win MVP/Cy Young awards at some point now.

I can't say that I'm disappointed about this as I was underwhelmed with the return. I think that package can be topped if they are patient, even if they wait until the off-season. Melvin had better move on and get busy, as there is absolutely no reason for them not to trade Parra and Cotts tomorrow. You take the best deal for them period.

Fascinating that we will now be able to look over the next 5 years and see which combination of Wheeler/Flores vs whoever Gomez gets traded for turns out to be the better deal. As an Armchair GM I love it
The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

So if the Brewers really did balk at the physicals, does this all but guarantee that Wheeler comes back at Cy Young form and this trade is brought up for years to come?

:laughing Both Flores and Wheelers are virtually guaranteed to win MVP/Cy Young awards at some point now.

Especially since I hated the trade. It's a guarantee now.

So they did a physical in 20 minutes?

I'm on guessing, but could Milwaukee's physicians have been sent to NYC to have done the physical a few days ago? Usually "...pending physical" isn't much of anything, but this one they would have known would take some time.

The trade is still being posted on some major sports sites. This is pretty rough PR.

Thus deal is actually far from over. At the least the Mets have to check out a nagging injured Gomez and the Brewers have to accept an injured player who is out all year. Lots of issues could come up.

I'm just saying I warned you guys...

Someone leaked this before the.brewers got medicals to review of wheeler. It's the only reason Flores was still playing in tonight's game for several innings after the rumored trade was out there in the twitterverse. the deal hinged on the brewers being ok with wheelers elbow post surgery.

Melvin didn't tip his hand, someone in an organization jumped the gun. I would rather this deal end up falling through and look weird than have the brewers trade for seriously damaged goods

Archived