Brewer Fanatic

Gomez not traded/Flores cries/Alderson angry/Haudricourt confused/Melvin nonplussed/Gomez=Not Injured/Scott Boras MAD/Mets are lying liars

And That

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Verified Member

It's widely reported as Zack Wheeler and Wilmer Flores coming back to Milwaukee. Is this Melvin sabotaging the Brewers because he knows he's "retiring" at the end of the season?

Worst trade in franchise history, that statement not intended as hyperbole.

Oh well, what can you do...

It's widely reported as Zack Wheeler and Wilmer Flores coming back to Milwaukee. Is this Melvin sabotaging the Brewers because he knows he's "retiring" at the end of the season?

Worst trade in franchise history, that statement not intended as hyperbole.

Oh well, what can you do...

That's one hell of a return. You don't know what your talking about

I guess the Hernan Perez experiment is done.

I hope not. I think he needs as many at-bats the rest of the year as possible to find out what we have with this kid.

Also, I'm glad it's not a handful of AAAA players.

Perhaps this gives them an opportunity to trade Fiers as well. With Wheeler in, not this year obviously but somebody is getting kicked out and Fiers is the oldest and has some good value.

I think most people think much more highly of Wheeler than people on this board. He is still only 23 and under team control for a long time. He hasn't quite put it together yet and is coming off of TJ but still has plenty of potential to be a really nice rotation piece

Verified Member
I think most people think much more highly of Wheeler than people on this board. He is still only 23 and under team control for a long time. He hasn't quite put it together yet and is coming off of TJ but still has plenty of potential to be a really nice rotation piece

He's 25 (will be 26 next season), and is only under control through 2019. Wheeler is a fine pitcher, but he's yet another #3 for our rotation. (Wilmer Flores is obviously totally useless, sub-.300 OBP and poor defense, what is the point when we already have Segura, Sardinas, and Arcia). Just incredibly underwhelming for Carlos Gomez.

Archived