Brewers get:

SS Ian Desmond

SS Trea Turner

RHP Joe Ross

RHP Lucas Giolito

C Pedro Severino

3B Drew Ward

Explanation

The Nats need upgrades at 1B (Zimmerman) and SS (Desmond). Lind and Segura give them that - for a while.

In return for taking the remainder of Desmond's contract, the Brewers get five of Washington's top 12 prospects. Desmond is not a bad pick-up either. He adds a little power (11 HR this year), and with a contract expiring, it gives the Brewers options. Plus, the Brewers can either give Desmond a QO and get a pick, or if he takes the offer, that buys Orlando Arcia a year at Colorado Springs.

The prospects, I think, are a nice haul. Turner could be an option at second base, Severino would become the best catching prospect in the system, and Ward looks like a good bat at third base. Ross and Giolito add pitching depth.

No jed bradley?

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

I like how he discusses the prospects in the deal and leaves out by far the best one in Giolito. And no, we couldn't give Desmond the QO.

Washington laughs and laughs, then laughs some more and blocks the Brewers' number forever.

Gomez and Segura for Turner and Giolito?

That is laughable. Gomez is not getting Giolito.

Thank you for your continued non-condescending insight. /blue

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

Gomez and Segura for Turner and Giolito?

Thanks I give lots of insight. I was hoping the deal we almost made with the Mets was a wake up call, but these fantasy land trade ideas keep coming. I would love Giolito, but he is not going to come over from a Gomez trade. Gomez is going to get us a solid player I just don't see any team giving up a possible super star.

Thanks I give lots of insight. I was hoping the deal we almost made with the Mets was a wake up call, but these fantasy land trade ideas keep coming. I would love Giolito, but he is not going to come over from a Gomez trade. Gomez is going to get us a solid player I just don't see any team giving up a possible super star.

This is a spot to discuss "fantasy land" proposals. Just because you don't like a deal does not mean you can be condescending to other posters. Your opinion is your opinion. It is not fact. You are not omnipotent. This is not an isolated incident with you either. Saying things like "That is laughable" does not add anything to the discussion.

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

So Gomez and Segura for top pitching prospect in MILB plus Turner who is really heating up as a prospect..... No way that happens. Don't know why Nats would even consider

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

This is a spot to discuss "fantasy land" proposals. Just because you don't like a deal does not mean you can be condescending to other posters. Your opinion is your opinion. It is not fact. You are not omnipotent. This is not an isolated incident with you either. Saying things like "That is laughable" does not add anything to the discussion.

------------------

I'm going to have to disagree with that...but it is your opinion right?

If you are going to make a big deal over my comments you might want to look around. There is a laundry list of similar posts. Actually like 5 alone in this thread.

I'd do Lucroy for (From BA's midseason top 10):

1. Lucas Giolito, rhp

4. Reynaldo Lopez, rhp

9. Pedro Severino, c

If the Brewers had to kick in to even the scales that would be fine.

Anything less than 1 pitcher with top of the rotation potential and I'm not interested in any more trades. I don't care about MLB ready, I care about talent and I see Giolito as the only young pitcher of that caliber who could possibly be attainable. Wilson Ramos is is Washington's weakest link, though just barely as Zimmerman and Desmond have really tapered off.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

I'd do Lucroy for (From BA's midseason top 10):

1. Lucas Giolito, rhp

4. Reynaldo Lopez, rhp

9. Pedro Severino, c

If the Brewers had to kick in to even the scales that would be fine.

Anything less than 1 pitcher with top of the rotation potential and I'm not interested in any more trades. I don't care about MLB ready, I care about talent and I see Giolito as the only young pitcher of that caliber who could possibly be attainable. Wilson Ramos is is Washington's weakest link, though just barely as Zimmerman and Desmond have really tapered off.

Would have to include Segura in the deal as well.

Archived