Brewer Fanatic

K-Rod to Mets...

Mets get:

K-Rod

SS Luis Sardinas

Brewers get:

SS TJ Rivera

LHP Blake Taylor

Thinking: Mets will want to get some bullpen help to match the Nats getting Papelbon.

I swap K-Rod for Blake Taylor, a young lefty, and I also go to TJ Rivera, who seems like a better, cheaper option than Segura at shortstop - which gives the Crew some offseason options.

Mets get:

K-Rod

SS Luis Sardinas

Brewers get:

SS TJ Rivera

LHP Blake Taylor

Thinking: Mets will want to get some bullpen help to match the Nats getting Papelbon.

I swap K-Rod for Blake Taylor, a young lefty, and I also go to TJ Rivera, who seems like a better, cheaper option than Segura at shortstop - which gives the Crew some offseason options.

Rivera took until age 26 to reach AAA and hasn't played SS at all this year. He's more the type of return you'd like to get for Cotts, not K-Rod. Utility player seems his ceiling. Taylor's just another very young guy.

I think if you are giving up an All Star who's controllable through 2017, you'd better get a little more in return than that.

Archived