Brewer Fanatic

Open for business (part 3)

Well I've wanted this sell off to happen and I'm really surprised it actually happened. No idea on how the haul will end up being in the future but at least we are getting something for some players that won't be around. Getting more excited for the next few years.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, a lot of the negativity in this thread got deep sixed in the past 24 hours, I guess.

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I'm pretty happy with how the last 16 or so hours have gone. We've gotten some good players who are just about ready to contribute, and some guys who need a few years (or more) of seasoning with some upside.

There was plenty of reason for negativity.... obviously Melvin has shown us in the past that he tends to overplay his hand when selling for prospects, and we have an owner who absolutely didn't want to go into full scale rebuild mode.

The fact that we're finally here is kind of a relief, if nothing else.

Simply to acquire 4 years of Wil Myers...

It's really sad that the expectation in Milwaukee is the moment a guy exceeds his arbitration years, he's gone. It's so sad. Apparently, Lucroy proposed a long-term deal to the club in the off-season, a deal he said that would of made him a career Brewer, and they told him "No, thanks. Not at this time."

It's really sad that the expectation in Milwaukee is the moment a guy exceeds his arbitration years, he's gone. It's so sad. Apparently, Lucroy proposed a long-term deal to the club in the off-season, a deal he said that would of made him a career Brewer, and they told him "No, thanks. Not at this time."

Yeah because they still control him for 3 years

You're sad about that? As much as I like Luc the player (and seemingly the person), that would be a bad move for the Brewers to make.

Yea give an extension to a guy with 3 yrs left and will be 31 at the end. Especially a catcher who's body will be beat up, lets give a 80 mil to pay him until he's 36. If they have any interest in signing him his price will have come down drastically after this season. The real hope is that he rebounds next season and you can clean out someone's farm system. If he'll take a super team friendly great, if not then it's not even a decision

This is why people were worried and some still aren't completely convinced about the Brewers' future plans.

Tom

‏@Haudricourt

Just to be clear on Gerardo Parra, #Brewers asked agent if he would be interested in talking extension and he said no. So that was that.

We were going to offer an extension to a guy who's having a career year while in the midst of a terrible season. Luckily Parra wasn't interested.

I wouldn't read much into it, why not ask and see if he'll take a team friendly thing that only gets him through say age 30/31 as they don't really have a CF to fill the gap until Phillips now. But you could add the Wheeler/Flores trade looked like a move towards re-tooling for next year than a full rebuild as being a sign of that too.

Archived