Brewer Fanatic

Open for business (part 3)

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
if the only trade we make is the Rami trade I am going to ROTFLOL for DAYS, and I am sure this board will implode. Actually, im surprised it didnt implode last night from the F5'ing going on

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

I guess technically they are. This puts the market for Parra and Gomez in a strong light though.

This also takes Shark off the market, improving Fiers

Until the Blue Jays went wild, the White Sox were my pick to get the 2nd Wild Card. I was not a fan of many of their offensive players, but it seems as though Eaton has become "good enough" and streaky guys like Melky and Alexei are starting to get going.

Couple that with 4 of their 5 starters all either being good or starting to come around and they are tough to beat, even if their offense only improved to "decent." They need to get Danks out of there and need to bolster the pen a little bit.

Actually, im surprised it didnt implode last night from the F5'ing going on

this happened to every poster last night

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Think Carlos Rodon from the White Sox would be possible for Gomez? Has all his team control left.

He is in their corrent rotation isn't he? Maybe if you pair Gomez with Fiers you could pull away Rodon. White Sox might have to add some more but that is possible. If they don't get another starter it is addition by subtraction and that just doesn't make sense for them.

Rodon has massive potential though. Probably not a guy you trade when your rotation isn't lights out in the future.

I couldn't remember for sure, so I just went to look at them a bit. Seems he has been in the rotation the last two months or so, doing ok. Last I remembered he was bouncing back and forth. They look really week at 2B and 3B too, well actually SS too. Their rotation is fine with Sale and Quintana as longer term pieces and could afford to trade Rodon if they're confident in keeping Samardzija. As Brewer fans I'm sure we wouldn't be OK with trading a cost controlled young potential top of rotation starter for a 1.5 year rental but similar things happens. If they balk maybe add in Segura or Fiers and find a way, maybe even Parra as their OF is weak. They also have the money their to sign Gomez so they could view it as a longer term thing

Per McCalvy:

"If Parra isn't dealt by 3pm CT tomorrow, Melvin suggested August trade is possible as well."

The takeaway: he's not going to get moved.

Or he doesn't want to make it seem like they have to trade Parra. Someone said yesterday morning the Brewers seemed like they didn't want to trade Gomez...the rest is history.

Per McCalvy:

"If Parra isn't dealt by 3pm CT tomorrow, Melvin suggested August trade is possible as well."

Or he doesn't want to make it seem like they have to trade Parra. Someone said yesterday morning the Brewers seemed like they didn't want to trade Gomez...the rest is history.

That's a great point. Typically whatever the media says tends to be the opposite of what happens. I'm not sure why I'm worried so much. I guess I just see this as a major opportunity to add some prospects but feel pessimistic. There is time. I need to settle down a little.

Melvin knows that the only way to get the best deal is deal him now before the deadline. The likelihood that he makes it through waivers is slim and add to that, the lowered price tag. If he is still here then I still suggest you offer him the QO which he will likely decline and take the pick.

Per McCalvy:

The problem with this is some team is going to claim him and that team will then have a ton of leverage against the Brewers since that will be the only team he could be traded to.

Melvin knows that the only way to get the best deal is deal him now before the deadline. The likelihood that he makes it through waivers is slim and add to that, the lowered price tag. If he is still here then I still suggest you offer him the QO which he will likely decline and take the pick.

Agreed Melvin always uses "GM Talk"...never wants to give up any leverage. Even with Greinke he still played it off like he doesn't have to trade him.

On a different note he wouldn't pass through waivers, but he will get to a team that wants him. Since the Brewers can drop him on any team if they claim him not just anyone will claim him. Still you would be talking to a single team...not everyone. Best deal will be before 3pm on Friday. Melvin knows that and if the intend to trade him this month or next month it will happen before the deadline.

I genuinely hate everything about this season.

I would agree completely from a MLB and organization building standpoint as that's precisely how I feel. I just keeping reminding myself there have been some positive happenings with the draft and in the minors.

It's just frustrating when everyone else can make trades and the Brewers get a fringe prospect for Ramirez and nothing else besides being shot down by the Mets for both Parra and Gomez. Not to mention all of the young impact pitching likely to move this season has already done so. There's only one prospect impact pitcher below AA left on a contender who might be willing to buy and I have no idea how the Brewers could possibly hope to pull Lucas Giolito from Washington. Apparently the Dodgers might have been willing to Part with Urias if the reports are to be believed but we don't have the pitching ammunition to get him either.

I've said repeatedly that you don't trade if the value isn't there, but I have time believing the Mets were the only realistic trading partner over the last month. I don't have much faith in getting better value over the winter either regardless of Melvin's oft repeated notion that position players have more value in the winter. I don't think it's played out that way over the last 10 years or so.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Archived