Brewer Fanatic

MLB Pipeline Top 100 Prospects Updated(Brewers have #14 and #86)

MrTPlush

Brewer Fanatic Staff
MLB needs to provide a link to the prior update. You can use the archive feature to go back to only one place and time in each of the prior years, but if they do multiple updates within the year, we're left to document the order.

I think those guys need to figure out how averages work. I understand how the 20-80 scale works but how does 60/50/45/40 equal a 40 overall score? just an example, not pointing out any certain score but if you check out the scores there are a lot that look similar to that.

I think those guys need to figure out how averages work. I understand how the 20-80 scale works but how does 60/50/45/40 equal a 40 overall score? just an example, not pointing out any certain score but if you check out the scores there are a lot that look similar to that.

I am sure certain ratings might be weighed more...but Demi is a confusing one if you look at his.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I am sure certain ratings might be weighed more...but Demi is a confusing one if you look at his.

I'm thinking they aren't showing some ratings. Perhaps something like risk to reach the MLB. If you look at guys in the lower levels, (Demi or Kirby) the overall is much lower than the average of those shown.

But guys that are close to the MLB level and close to maxed out (Yadiel, Wagner) are more in-line with the numbers shown.

edit: I'm still working my way through the rankings but Ponce is another example:

Scouting grades: Fastball: 60 | Cutter: 55 | Curveball: 45 | Changeup: 50 | Control: 50 | Overall: 45

- Certainly has a good ceiling, but I'm guessing the overall ratings are lowered because of risk in achieving the ceiling.

Archived