Brewer Fanatic

adding?

To be honest, I'm not sure where I see the Brewers. They have a solid core and a good looking young rotation. As much as I'd like to take offers on guys, I'd also like to see if there's something to be done to improve the team. In particular, is there any way we could add someone like Carlos Gonzalez (signed for two more years at $18.5/year). Are the Rockies motivated to clear salary? Are they looking for stud prospects? While his salary is a lot...when you factor in Ramirez, Parra, Lohse, and Broxton being cleared off the books for next year, that would off-set it (although salary increases for others would hurt).

Lord have mercy I certainly hope not. We have no where near the pitching or defense to compete with the Cardinals, Pirates & Cubs. All of our top players are aging
The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Carlos Gonzalez is basically a pretty good platoon lefty hitter (Josh Reddick or Brandon Moss) on Coors steroids. I'd imagine Doug or one stupid GM in baseball is going to pay the asking price for the .850-900 hitter he pretends to be. No thank you.

MLBtraderumors is reporting that the Marlins will listen to offers for Marcel Ozuna. Ozuna was recently sent down and Yelich moved to CF. They suggest they'd be interested in swapping players with similar control.

Is Fiers and a prospect for Ozuna logical?

Ozuna would give Brewers a nice young controllable (through 2019) replacement for Gomez. Ozuna's been absolutely raking since being sent down after a not so awful but disappointing start in Miami: .249/.301/.337

Is Fiers and a prospect for Ozuna logical?

Ozuna would give Brewers a nice young controllable (through 2019) replacement for Gomez. Ozuna's been absolutely raking since being sent down after a not so awful but disappointing start in Miami: .249/.301/.337

I'd love to see the Brewers trade for Ozuna. He's only 24 and as said they'd have him through 2019. He's a very talented player. I'm all for them adding young controllable talent as part of a rebuild

No more old veteran players please. Cargo? No. Ozuna? Absolutely

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

As some of these teams add veterans in exchange for young minor leaguers, they also often have 40 man roster issues. You're starting to see it this week already with some guys being DFA'd and waived. I'd be interested more in trying to find a young guy from a contending team (like earlier this year when we claimed Hernan Perez), and seeing if we can give him some playing time. Maybe another 3rd baseman, outfielder, or pitcher would work.

I just like to ask. If I were GM, I'd only be motivated to try to move Lohse, Seggy, Parra, Cotts, and Broxton at this time. I'd be discussing Gomez with his agent. He probably wants a huge deal, but only Gomez, Melvin, and Boras know for sure. Last time he took a discount for security, and perhaps his stated love for Milwaukee is genuine. Yet I know he's probably at peak value right now.

Really, my only untouchable is Lucroy. With our pitchers, I've been a huge fan of all these young guys as they've developed. If we are to take the A's/Rays approach, then we should begin entertaining offers for Peralta at mid-season next year, Fiers the years after. They tend to get huge packages for pitchers because they deal them with 2-3 years of control left. On the other hand, I hate to give up young talent before we've milked all we can out of it. With our middle infield depth, I'd also consider moving Scooter if someone is enamored with him. Davis? Well, I was always a doubter in the minors. He exceeded all those expectations. But I'd like to think we can do better in left.

In all, I'm curious to see who we trade over the next month or so. I still think we lack OBP-type players.

Archived