Brewer Fanatic

Trade Target: Oswaldo Arcia

Orlando's big brother. Stuck in minors for Twins, even though he probably shouldnt be. He seems to be a classic Melvin player. Terrible glove, hits the cover off the ball. I thought he was primed to breakout this year but Twins soured on him for some reason. Im not sure what the Twins might be looking for, but if the Brewers engage them Arcia should be a target in my opinion. Will Smith, K-Rod, Cotts all seem to be options the Twins could consider.

I have seen fans of the Twins bang that drum a lot lately...and it makes no sense. Where are we going to put him? RF?...No. LF? Why so we can trade a nearly identical player?

There is no where to put him.

I certainly do not think "anyone" can play 1b, but if the Brewers think he can hack it then it should be explored. Again, Im not assuming he can play it, but if scouts or GMs think he can, then maybe that's where you play him. He is LH so he might be a decent platoon candidate for Davis in LF as well.

I've seen him hit a few monster HR. Kid has uber power, just hasn't put it all together yet...too many strikeouts. I think if we could get him cheap jump on it, we can have the next "brothers" duo. He'd be a good platoon partner for K Davis if we kept him long term.

I was up for this until I looked into Arcia further. He's been a worse hitter than Davis and they've both been equally bad on defense. Davis doesn't need a platoon partner as he hits both LHP (.782 career OPS) and RHP (.794) the same. If Arcia could play CF then having a left handed hitting 4th OF would be great but he can't so he just wouldn't have a place on the roster.

He is average offensively and strikes out a lot. This is not the player we should be focusing on for our future. If we were contending and Yuni B was at 1st ok maybe. Right now this is not the kind of move we should be making.

Archived