Brewer Fanatic

Goold: Brewers willing to trade Lind, have had talks with Cardinals

Lind is out of the lineup tonight.

Has had a hurt back. Most likely the reason.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jayson Stark:

"Also hearing this from teams that have interest in Adam Lind. They think he's going to land in St. Louis. "

Either other teams weren't willing to part with more than a batboy, or the Cards are actually thinking of sending something significant for Lind.

Reyes is too much for Lind. Kaminsky maybe, but St. Louis is coasting and doesn't really need anybody so huge kudos to Melvin if he can get that good of a return.

I agree it's probably too much but he isn't without risk and Lind isn't just a rental like some other bats might be. Also, maybe with the Cards seeming ability to draft/develop pitching losing him might not be as big of a deal to them as if say he was in the Brewers system.

Even if the Brewers need to add to the deal, that's the guy I'd aim for.

I hope we could pluck Flaherty or Kaminsky honestly Cardinals system is so stacked with good, solid, mid 2's low 3 FIP type guys that both of these guys are expendable. Reyes won't be touched for Lind. He is the most ace like prospect they have. Flaherty could be a solid odorizzi type prospect

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

In reading through the Cardinals boards, there seems to be 2 camps. 1. General panic that they haven't gotten Lind yet. 2. The feeling that the Cardinals don't need help, that they're the Cardinals, and it will all work out.

The general consensus on what to give up either seems to be Cooney, or a combo of Lyons and Scruggs.

I like Cooney, I'd do that. One thing on him, he just had his appendix out, but for the Brewers that doesn't mean much, since this season was over in April.

I'd want a little more than just Cooney.

Say, Tilson and Valera?

Invader3k, I don't care if we face them. The definition of trade is that both sides are better off. You don't make a trade unless you value your return more than you're giving up. If we obviously value the first situation over the 2nd, then we should do the trade if it's the best possible return. I'd rather focus on maximizing return than worrying about who he plays for

Prospects from Cards

for

up to 1.3 years of controllable, affordable contract with Free Agency to follow

Invader3k, I don't care if we face them. The definition of trade is that both sides are better off. You don't make a trade unless you value your return more than you're giving up. If we obviously value the first situation over the 2nd, then we should do the trade if it's the best possible return. I'd rather focus on maximizing return than worrying about who he plays for

Prospects from Cards

for

up to 1.3 years of controllable, affordable contract with Free Agency to follow

Agreed.

It's not like the Brewers and Cards are gonna face off in the playoffs this year or next.

So, why not make a deal?

If the Brewers can get Cooney, OF Charlie Tilson, and UT Breyvic Valera for Lind and say, Jed Bradley, I'd be happy.

Is almost be willing to go head up Lind for Reyes like Toronto did in Marcum/Lawrie deal. If that's not a possibility, build around Kaminsky or Flaherty with a PTBNL

Honestly, like most have said, if we get better from trade why not pull trigger? Cards with or without Lind will still be good.

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

Sounds like Matt Holliday was just injured, which will push Piscotty to LF and make their need to add a 1B even more pressing.

Lind and Jed Bradley for Tom Cooney, Charlie Tilson, and Rob Kaminsky?

Every trade youve proposed has bradley!! Wwwhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Archived