Brewer Fanatic

Ramirez to Pittsburgh for Yhonathan Barrios; Goforth recalled

trwi7

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What is a realistic return that we could anticipate?

I'm guessing that the Brewers are gonna get more out of Pittsburgh than they would from other teams considering that it's an in-division trade.

Or taking the first offer before he pulls a hammy. I don't think the whole intra division thing means anything here. He is retiring after the season so not like there is fear he will hurt us in the future.

called this last week ;)

really happy for him if this happens, would be a great way to end his career

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Honestly...if we are rebuilding, why not try to acquire Pedro Alvarez as a stopgap for 1B or 3B for 2016? Sure, maybe an A level prospect might be better but would Alvarez bring any value to the club in the short term?

HE IS SO BAD IS WHY!!!!!!!!! He's a younger Mark Reynolds with 1/3rd of the fielding ability.

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

I'm guessing that the Brewers are gonna get more out of Pittsburgh than they would from other teams considering that it's an in-division trade.

I'll be very disappointed if that isn't the case. Not expecting a Top 100 Prospect of course, but this shouldn't just be a throwaway deal, the Brewers should get at least a prospect with realistic MLB bullpen potential in return

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

I'll be very disappointed if that isn't the case. Not expecting a Top 100 Prospect of course, but this shouldn't just be a throwaway deal, the Brewers should get at least a prospect with realistic MLB bullpen potential in return

Why? He's old and very overpaid. Maybe if we picked up nearly penny he's being paid we'll get a marginal prospect.

Archived