Brewer Fanatic

Lohse DFA?

Curious if he would net us a compensation pick next year. Obviously not a first, but don't they go as low as 3rd? I know he's been brutal this year but his track record might inflate it, however I'm sure no one would sign him until after the deadline if that were the case. I was just curious if he'd stall fall in that system

Did you fall asleep for a few years? That system is long gone and I don't think he would be anywhere close to a comp pick in the old system anyway.

Pretty rude response to a simple question, IMHO.

Depends how you take it...like anything in text form.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd just keep him there to fill in due to an injury and/or when a game is out of hand. Unless he makes a fuss about that role and would be a distraction and asks to be let go so he can try to sign with Cardinals for the rest of the year. He seems like a pro though so I wouldn't expect something like that.

Did you fall asleep for a few years? That system is long gone and I don't think he would be anywhere close to a comp pick in the old system anyway.

Pretty rude response to a simple question, IMHO.

Depends how you take it...like anything in text form.

The bolded part was rude and unnecessary.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I disagree he has zero trade value. Trade him for a player to be named later after his next start. Teams in need will be willing to take a change of scenery guy like Lohse with a long track record. Ultimately you will get back a C prospect who may never do anything but sometimes those Type of guys amount to something. Better than DFA him

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

My mentality is with guys like Lohse that if the team is going to suck, at least let us do it while auditioning or playing the young guys who might be worth keeping around when the team will potentially be a contender again.

I would expect this to be what happens as we move past the first week in August. They'll probably try to pitch him 1-2 more times to try to get a taker on a post-waiver deal, and if that fails, they'll probably release him at this point.

Assuming, of course, they don't cut him when they activate Peralta...

I disagree he has zero trade value. Trade him for a player to be named later after his next start. Teams in need will be willing to take a change of scenery guy like Lohse with a long track record. Ultimately you will get back a C prospect who may never do anything but sometimes those Type of guys amount to something. Better than DFA him

His trade value is lost with his contract. If a team could have him for league minimum they might take a flier on him, but no one is going to trade for him and pick up his contract.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Seriously though I didn't find it that big of a deal. It was slight joke.

Seriously though, it was unfunny and condescending. Which seems to be a pattern with you.

So are things like this. Not needed to make your point. Feel like we should expect more from a moderator.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brew4U, Toby's just saying what many of us are thinking. I've been contemplating saying something about MrTPlush's tone lately. Instead I'd been leaning towards just hiding his comments as they add little value except to stir the pot. I get that he's a student per his profile--I'm assuming early in high school. Hopefully with a little correction from Mods, he can contribute to the site in a more meaningful and productive manner

Brew4U, Toby's just saying what many of us are thinking. I've been contemplating saying something about MrTPlush's tone lately. Instead I'd been leaning towards just hiding his comments as they add little value except to stir the pot. I get that he's a student per his profile--I'm assuming early in high school. Hopefully with a little correction from Mods, he can contribute to the site in a more meaningful and productive manner

I agree with not writing demeaning posts. I just don't think it's helping when you see a moderator write a mocking type post towards someone. Doesn't help set the tone. MrTPlush adds value like other posters. Mistakes happen and hopefully he'll change his tune and continue to make this the best place for Brewers discussion.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

There is a private message option if you feel inclined to comment. I don't know if it works on this site...but I am to assume it does. I really don't see the point in making a comment in a thread. All you are doing is making a mess of a legitimate thread.

That being said I am not trying to make enemies...if you have a problem feel free to message me about it. I will try to please as many as I can if I see their point. It also doesn't help your argument when you are being rude yourself though. Assuming things about my life and such.

I also have to agree with the Brew4U. I don't think anyone on here is perfect when it comes to commenting. Many people can get defensive on a topic or come off rude. Most of the time I go over my posts and will edit if it seems a bit rude/uneeded after I post. Sometimes I feel a bit rushed and you get like my original comment in this thread.

I agree with not writing demeaning posts. I just don't think it's helping when you see a moderator write a mocking type post towards someone. Doesn't help set the tone. MrTPlush adds value like other posters. Mistakes happen and hopefully he'll change his tune and continue to make this the best place for Brewers discussion.

You're right...he does add insight. I went too far in saying that he wasn't adding much value. I think what has irked some of us is the tone where it sounds like he's trying to write for Deadspin. It can come off as confrontational and crude. If we all had a nickel for every time a fairly new poster had to be taught etiquette...I think we'd have at least $5 each!

I didn't want to even bring it up, was afraid this would turn into a 5 page back and forth. Look, discussions can get heated in here. I have probably been guilty at some point with saying something over the top, insulting, etc.

MrT, I think you actually have a lot to add. This forum is just different when it comes to tone, and it's one of the reasons a lot of us have stayed over the years. There's a Packers forum I used to visit that has degenerated into a snipe-fest, and I just don't want that to happen here. Still love you man....carry on.

The Goforth addition to the roster seems kind of odd, almost seems like they are delaying a decision on Lohse until the San Fran series when Peralta would be set to come back. They still could potentially stick with Lohse and also add Peralta to the rotation so that they have a six man rotation. Then they could just send Goforth back down. If they get rid of Lohse then Goforth can stay.

The Goforth addition to the roster seems kind of odd, almost seems like they are delaying a decision on Lohse until the San Fran series when Peralta would be set to come back. They still could potentially stick with Lohse and also add Peralta to the rotation so that they have a six man rotation. Then they could just send Goforth back down. If they get rid of Lohse then Goforth can stay.

I think it's odd too. Something on the trade front must be going on with Fiers. That's the only rationale for not having released Lohse yet. Very disturbing to think we'll be subjected to more Lohse starts but they still are clinging to the idea that a couple decent starts and they can make a waiver deal in August.

Is it even worth trying to trade Lohse after seeing what they got for Ramirez, who was actually productive lately? I guess the money is an issue but as a fan I don't really care about that. As you stated earlier, if they go with a 6 man rotation give a guy like Burgos a shot as they have to make a decision on him at the end of the season anyway.

There are a lot of teams who like veteran starters this time of year, especially those with playoff experience. That's why I've always felt if Lohse showed any signs of life at all, there would be interest in him. Someone would take a flier on him, not having to give up much. Upside is he could be better than someone's 4/5, downside he blows up and all you've given up is a middling prospect. All bets are off now, since big name or not you need to occasionally...you know...get someone out.

Is it even worth trying to trade Lohse after seeing what they got for Ramirez, who was actually productive lately? I guess the money is an issue but as a fan I don't really care about that. As you stated earlier, if they go with a 6 man rotation give a guy like Burgos a shot as they have to make a decision on him at the end of the season anyway.

I think the money saved is often over-looked as a fan. Obviously if they just pocket it and don't use it, it doesn't amount to much. But if they were to turn around and invest that money into scouting/development, I think that's huge.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

But if they were to turn around and invest that money into scouting/development, I think that's huge.

I think it's huge if it means they don't have to borrow that $3M to help cover team payroll. They were over budget going into the year, ticket sales are likely not going to meet projections, so without some salary cutting, they are going to have to borrow just to pay this year's players, which means less money for payroll in future years.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

If you are disappointed in what the Brewers got back for Ramirez, then get ready to be even more disappointed when the bigger chips start falling and the return ends up considerably less than 2 of a team's top 3 prospects which I sense is what some expect for Gomez, Segura or Lind.

I'm very happy that they were able to parlay this little hot streak from Ramirez into any value at all plus we get the added benefit of seeing what Perez can do full time at 3B for an extra week.

If you are disappointed in what the Brewers got back for Ramirez, then get ready to be even more disappointed when the bigger chips start falling and the return ends up considerably less than 2 of a team's top 3 prospects which I sense is what some expect for Gomez, Segura or Lind.

I'm very happy that they were able to parlay this little hot streak from Ramirez into any value at all plus we get the added benefit of seeing what Perez can do full time at 3B for an extra week.

No, not disappointed at all, a fringe prospect was about the best you can hope for there. However with Lohse there is not much of a chance at even a fringe prospect because he is so bad, so what is the point in keeping him.

• 3 weeks later...

I just have to question the intelligence of the 65% who answered 'no' to the JSOnline survey about whether or not Kyle Lohse would ever pitch a game with the Brewers again.

Honestly, it was announced he was being removed from the rotation and moved to the bullpen to appear in long relief. And the same day the 65% declared their enlightened answer he came in to the game to relieve Cravy. I was guffawing when I saw him take the mound.

SIGH........

Had the question asked will Kyle Lohse ever start another game as a Brewer then maybe I would have joined the enlightened 65%.

I just have to question the intelligence of the 65% who answered 'no' to the JSOnline survey about whether or not Kyle Lohse would ever pitch a game with the Brewers again.

Honestly, it was announced he was being removed from the rotation and moved to the bullpen to appear in long relief. And the same day the 65% declared their enlightened answer he came in to the game to relieve Cravy. I was guffawing when I saw him take the mound.

SIGH........

Had the question asked will Kyle Lohse ever start another game as a Brewer then maybe I would have joined the enlightened 65%.

I'm guessing they were voting more with hearts than heads.

That said, when they announced the move both parties sure made it sound like something else might be in the works. It was plausible at the time of the vote that he would be released or traded before he ever made a garbage time appearance.

Archived